Chapter 45

I calmly and silently walk towards Inuyasha, picking him up. I take a few seconds before turning to Toga and say, "I won't allow you to do such a monstrosity. I will pretend like I didn't hear what you just said."

Toga gets up from the couch and takes one last glance at the changed room before uttering, "I will give you some time to say your goodbye."

I grit my teeth in annoyance, fully understanding what his words mean. Inuyasha is my son, so I will do as I please. That must be what's going on in his head. Sesshomaru did something similar to that with Towa and Setsuna. He took them from Rin and put them in a forest to grow up in harsh conditions to make them strong.

I lower my head, realizing how familiar the situation is. That must be the butterfly effect of changing the past. To gain one thing is to lose another. For Inuyasha to grow up with a father and among his family, he has to lose his childhood again. I hug Inuyasha tightly, whispering in his ear, "I promise, the Gods will watch over you."

I peck his cheek and put him down then head to the door to look for his caretaker. However, the moment I open the door, I see Sesshomaru leaning on the wall beside the door as if he is waiting for something. I narrow my eyes in confusion and ask, "How long have you been standing like that?"

"I never left," He briefly answers, making me even more confused.

"What! Why did you leave in the first place?"

He turns in my direction and uncrosses his arms, answering, "I sensed Father, so I had to leave."

Okay, what in the world is going on here?

I rub my temples in frustration and exclaim, "Care to elaborate!" However, he stays silent, making me huff in annoyance. "Okay, fine. Wait here! I have to find Kiara first to look after Inuyasha," I say and inform the first guard I find.

Without uttering a word, Sesshomaru turns on his heels and walks ahead of me. I take that as a sign to follow him. There must be something he wants to share with me but doesn't want anyone to find out. I patiently follow him to the edge of the palace on a familiar hill.

He back-faces me and says, "I didn't join my parents for the past 4 weeks." I stay silent as I hear him speak his mind. "I unintentionally hurt my mother on the first day," he pauses and fists his hand before continuing, "Every sense I have heightened, and I was unable to control anything. Anubis mentioned protecting us from seeing the dead, but the real reason to seal our powers was to protect this world from our uncontrollable powers."

I frown, but as I take a step toward him, he utters, "I don't know how many villages I destroyed, but what made me get to my senses was a distant image of you."

"Me!" I question in confusion.

Sesshomaru turns in my direction and softly says, "It was Athanasia."

I get taken aback and comment, "You sound so sure."

"I am because it looked like a memory that belonged to Anubis, not something of my own," Sesshomaru says, and I merely hum to his words, a little disappointed by the idea of having Athanasia being the one who helped him and not me. I sigh internally and try to get the idea out of my mind.

"Inu no Taisho told me that Lady Inukimi will need more time. Do I assume it's because of you?" I question with a raised eyebrow. Sesshomaru merely hums, and I get his answer. It must be frustrating for him to be the cause of his mother's suffering. Even though he looks as cold as ice, he still cherishes some people. One of which is his mother.

The Anime and Manga are misleading.

"Since we are back, we need to get back to where we left off," Sesshomaru reminds me, making me click my teeth in realization. Yes, we were preparing for war with the Gods. Their absence made me forget all about the main purpose of their sudden departure.

I nod and say, "I will-"

Suddenly, a loud thunderous sound made my heart shake in fear and anxiety. I quickly glance at Sesshomaru, who has the same expression as me. "What was that?" I ask in hesitation, not really seeking an answer since I fear all I will get is a bad one.

The thunderous sound lasts for only a minute and calms down without leaving a trace of returning. We take nearly 2 minutes to regather our thoughts. Toga unexpectedly lands behind me, so I turn to him as he says, "I assume the two of you felt that."

"Who wouldn't!" I exclaim, but his answer confuses me.

"Inuyasha's room," He answers, and I frown at him. "I rushed to Inuyasha's room to find you, but Kiara was the only one there, and when I asked her about the earthquake, she was confused," He elaborates.

"We need to investigate that. It didn't seem like an earthquake because this palace isn't built on the ground," I suggest, but Toga shakes his head in disapproval.

"No, you will take Izayoi and stay in Inuyasha's room until I return. Inukimi will need to recover as well, so I will have to ask you to look after her while Sesshomaru and I investigate," Toga orders, and I quickly decline.

I refuse to be benched just because protecting people is running in his blood. I too want to protect those I love. The sole purpose of my presence here is to change this world to the best image it can reach. I'm sorry Toga, but I can't keep following your orders like before. I will do as my mind sees fit.

"I hate to keep reminding you that death is no threat to me. You keep trying to protect me, but death is not something I'm running from. Ah, and keep in mind, I'm not that good at following orders," I state and pause for a second when I don't get a reply from him to proceed, "Good! Now we go."

I do my signature whistle with Ah-Un for it to fetch me. In no time, we reach Musubi Mountain, Ah-Un helps me land, and I quickly follow Sesshomaru and Toga to head inside. However, I quickly grab Toga's hand to stop him from going any further. "Sesshomaru! Am I the only one who can't see the barrier?" I announce in worry.

"I don't see it either, and I have a bad feeling," Sesshomaru adds more to my concerns.

"The two of you stay here; I will find the Coven sisters and get back to you-"

My words get cut short by Athanasia's, 'Do not go inside. The sisters' presence is gone. Something happened here. I'll take the lead from here onwards.'

I approve her words not like she is asking for my permission, but still, I'm glad for the heads up.

The moment Athanasia takes over my body, she crouches and puts her palm on the ground to feel God knows what.

"The ground is shifting," Athanasia sternly says and glances at Toga, proceeding, "You need to call your allies now."

"Kagutsuchi will emerge any second."

▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬

IT'S TIME FOR WAR  🫨 🔥

Prepare your weapons ⚔️

See you later 🍬

-👑 Noorie.