Chapter 6

I turn and feel a strong breeze of wind hitting my face so I put up my arm to cover my eyes while slowly opening them.  It's morning yet I hear no birds chippering! I exclaim to myself as I see the sun coming through the balcony. I yawn, stretch my arms, and look at the room as I sit down. It seems like it's not a dream after all. I smile and get off the bed to grab something to eat from the tray of food. While eating the delicious food, I remember Ah-Un, so I rush to the balcony and see the dragon Yokai, waiting for me so I climb the balcony and jump onto its back.

"Oh gosh! Please don't let me fall, it's very high up here," I say as I hold the bridle with one hand and pat Ah-Un with the other. "Now, can you take me to Lord Sesshomaru?" I ask and wait for it to move. A second later, Ah-Un starts flying, and I try to act confident even though flying with no safety measures whatsoever, scares the living shit out of me.

I gather my strength and confidence in the fact that Ah-Un won't let me fall and scan the area for any glimpse of Sesshomaru's presence. Sure I will need to come up with an excuse to see him,  but yeah, he is the love of my life and yet I haven't spent any time with him. I love Inu no Taisho, but it's Sesshomaru we are talking about.

I feel my eyes sparkle as I see Sesshomaru walking so I pat Ah-Un to land which it did. Wow, Ah-Un is easy to handle no wonder Rin easily bonded with it. I jump off Ah-Un and let my hair bun loose. 

Sesshomaru feels my presence so he halts and faces me which startles me. "I have no time to deal with you," he harshly says.

"I was going to ask about So'unga. Did you make plans with Inu no Taisho for destroying it today?" I professionally ask to avoid showing how much I want to fan girl over his handsome face. The animator didn't do him justice.

"I'm busy today-" he pauses for a second which baffles me so I follow his eyes and see it looking at my hair. Did he notice I put it down? I hope he doesn't misunderstand and-

"There is a purple dye on your hair," he remarks which makes me automatically move my hand on my hair roots to hide it, but purple hair in this era isn't something rare. 

I remove my hand and say, "My hair is actually purple, but I dye it black because purple hair is uncommon in the future I came from."

"People bully you because of your hair color!" He exclaims, making me immediately deny it.

"It just grabs attention something I would like to avoid," I say and avoid eye contact with him, but my eyes land on his hand which is bleeding for some reason, so I point at it and ask, "Your hand it's bleeding." 

I quickly approach him to get a better look at it, but he shuts me up by saying, "It doesn't belong to me." 

I sigh in relief then sassily ask, "Who did you kill this time?"

"I noticed that you happen to take death as a light matter. Earlier with the monk, you didn't seem fazed by my threat of killing him. Let me ask you human, do you perhaps seek it?" He says every word while taking threatening steps towards me, but I stand firm in my place unwilling to show him any weakness in my eyes. He stops right in front of me and looks down at me, whispering in my ears, "I can give you the honour of having your blood on my hand."

I stare at a distance and coldly say to him, "Didn't know you were that immature prior to Inu no Taisho's death. Now I know what's the turning point of his death." I look at him from the corner of my eyes to see his shocked expression while continuing, "His death was essential for the process of turning you into the greatest demon."

Sesshomaru utters no words as he pulls back straightening himself, and I glance behind to see Inu no Taisho coming our way so I announce, "Inu no Taisho is here and-"

"He got company," Sesshomaru continues my words and turns to face his father while standing beside me as if he wasn't glaring at me a second ago. Tsk, what a character he got!

The two of us watch as Inu no Taisho approaches us with his companion. While Toga stands in front of us with the person hiding behind him, he says, "Good thing I found the two of you together. Saved me the trouble of speaking to you separately-" He pauses and gestures to whoever is behind him to show himself which makes me widen my eyes upon realizing it is Izayoi.

"I would like to introduce Lady Izayoi," Toga nervously smiles as he makes quick eye contact with Sesshomaru who gives no reaction. 

"It's an honour to meet you, my lady," I say and extend my hand for her to shake.

"The honour is mine. My dearest told me a lot about you and arranged this meeting, regarding what you told him," she eloquently speaks with her soft voice and her graceful presence.

I glance at Inu no Taisho, and my cheerful face turns serious, as I ask, "Are you pregnant yet?"

Izayoi gets taken aback by my words, seeing how she hesitantly looks at Toga and back at me. "I am not sure yet," She hesitantly answers which makes me sigh.

Knowing her time of pregnancy is important because that's my clock, it's Inu no Taisho's time bomb to be exact. I glance at Inu no Taisho and ask, "Can't you hear two heartbeats in her?" 

Toga looks at Izayoi and examines her but gives me a head shake, saying "I only hear hers-"

"It's faint. How pathetic," Sesshomaru says interrupting his father which grabs our attention. I look at him and glance at his hand to see his sharpened claws as if he is ready to dig into Izayoi and snatch Inuyasha out of her womb.

I approach him and stand between him and Izayoi to block a bit of his anger. "I know how you feel about having a half-demon brother. I have already watched you hate him for one lifetime, and I am not ready to watch a second one," I sternly speak to Sesshomaru.

"You can not bring me to love him either for I consider him no brother to me," Sesshomaru announces and flies off in anger.

There is no reason for him to hate Inuyasha, now. I could understand his hatred in the anime but with his father being well, his hatred for Inuyasha is misplaced.  Well, he'll need to deal with his hatred one way or another.

I sigh and turn to say to Izayoi, "Don't worry about Sesshomaru, he is just like a kid who doesn't like sharing his parents, and in his case, it's his father." Izayoi softly giggles as she looks at Toga who gives off a small smile and rubs the back of his head like Inuyasha does, leaving me to smile as well at the thought.

"By the way, I took your suggestion into consideration and asked Inukimi for allowing Izayoi to stay in the palace," Toga announces, leaving me speechless so I gaze at him waiting for the words he's been keeping. "She accepted and personally prepared a room for her," he continues, leaving my mouth agape.

She did what? She accepted Izayoi's presence in the palace. But Inukimi is a crazy woman, she must have an ulterior motive, it's not from the goodness of her heart to do something like this. Could this be an alternative ending to Inu no Taisho? Like he will still die no matter how I stop it.

I hope it's just me being paranoid.

"How about we go to the palace! Inukimi must have prepared a feast," Inu no Taisho announces with a smile which leaves me anxious about how prepared that wicked woman can be.

▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬

Finally, it's time for the Queen mother to show up 🤭

Let's see how things will turn out to be~

Also let me ask, do you like Izayoi or hate her?  🤔

See you later 🍬

-👑 Noorie.