Chapter 60

Athanasia widens her eyes and freezes upon making eye contact with the mysterious figure before us. However, an underlying feeling suggests that Athanasia dislikes this person. Who is he?

"What is it that you want, Dionysus?" She demands, her voice exuding coldness and an unwelcoming demeanour.

Huh! Dionysus? Isn't he one of the Northern Gods?

Dionysus chuckles, twirling a grapevine in his fingers. "Oh, nothing much, just thought I'd drop by to confirm the rumours." He flips his hair, continuing, "It took me a while to find you, but here I am." His eyes flicker at me, and a sly smile plays on his lips. "And of course, to check in on my lovely Athanasia."

With every flirty comment he makes, I raise my eyebrow, feeling perplexed. Were those two in an intimate relationship back in the day?

Athanasia frowns, and as she is about to say something, Dionysus dashes at us, standing at close proximity. He smirks, and I feel his hand slip onto my back, making me shiver and let go of Inuyasha. I glance at Inuyasha, seeing him successfully land on the ground. Dionysus leans forward, whispering in my ears, "You are as ethereal as ever. Why don't-"

Suddenly, before I can comprehend anything, Dionysus lets go, but I see a flying severed arm in front of me. At that moment, a figure appears, blocking my vision. However, the instant my brain starts working again, I realize the one standing in front of me is Sesshomaru.

"How rude to slice off a God's arm!" Dionysus sassily comments but frowns the second instance, putting his severed hand forward and waits for the other half to get reattached. It takes less than two seconds before both parts fully regenerate.

"You should be thankful I didn't aim for your head," Sesshomaru threatens while holding down Tenryu, giving Dionysus the impression that he is of no threat and is no match to him.

Dionysus exhales in annoyance and closes his eyes while saying, "You are going to regret saying that."

The moment Dionysus finishes saying those words, he disappears into thin air. However, Athanasia quickly turns towards Inuyasha's direction and dashes behind him, pushing him onto her, whereas Sesshomaru places Tenryu on Dionysus' neck, who is now standing in front of Inuyasha with his sharp and golden fingers accessories near Inuyasha's heart.

Sesshomaru calmly says while swinging Tenryu, "Send my regards to Anubis." Dionysus' head rolls in front of us, and soon his body falls as well. Sesshomaru stoically sheathes Tenryu and starts to walk away. I quickly switch bodies with Athanasia and run after him to stop him from fleeing like always.

"Where do you think you are going?" I accuse him of running away, but he doesn't halt and just ignores me as if I'm not there. I groan in anger and holler at him, "I am here. Stop acting like I don't exist."

Sesshomaru finally halts and takes a moment before turning in my direction, saying, "You- do not exist. Don't you see the familiarities? Neither Kagura nor you exist, yet you both influenced me equally. Your part is done in my story."

His words pierce my heart like poisoned arrows. I fist my hand and lower my head while muttering, "You are right. Kagura is part of Naraku, and I'm part of Athanasia. When Athanasia takes over, I will cease to exist. Thanks for the reminder."

Sesshomaru's gaze remains indifferent, his stoic demeanor unwavering. "It is the nature of beings like you. Fleeting apparitions bound by the whims of fate."

His words echo in my mind, and a sense of helplessness washes over me. I stand there, a mere echo of someone else, aware of my transient existence. The weight of his proclamation settles in, and I find myself questioning the purpose of my fleeting presence in this intricate tapestry of destinies.