Chapter 98 - Choice

Mulai dari awal

Ryuu guided them to a table given the menu before waiting for their orders as he helped the other customers.

"Hey bossing, I told you to relax, you keep dozing off."

One of them noticed her kept glancing at Ryuu who they mistook as overthinking about a recent event. Her mind was overwhelmed by the stress burden from the world that hardly cared for her.

She woke from her daze and tried to focus on the menu. Ever since her father died and taken up the position for the Lakan always felt the burdening responsibility to do everything to bring balance.

Trese started to feel lost from everything feeling alone and unable to share the burden. Few minutes later, Ryuu returned to take their order.

"I'll have this with a chocolate milkshake."

"Mines strawberry with Mami noodles."

"Alright, how about you miss? If you can't decide, can I give you a recommendation?"

Ryuu said feeling compelled to help her since she started to get close when doing an investigation and found that she was growing impulsive and stressful.

He wouldn't feel this way if not for the [ Harem Protagonist Halo ] leading him to have more women one way or another. The only problem, he'd be slightly ignorant about it until they say or show definite signs.

"Sorry for eavesdropping but based on what the two have been chatting, I can see that you've been stressed, am I wrong? I recommend having some relaxation like dark coffee and some Tiramisu."

"Then I'll have that, thank you."

"No problem, I think a pretty girl like you shouldn't frown too much or it will spoil your beauty."

Ryuu said without realizing that he was flirting that left a big impression on her as she saw his face drawn with a charismatic smile while the twin smirk but didn't tease her since it would ruin the moment.

He left them to their accord as his clone started to prepare their meal. Trese, who was still in the test, kept thinking about Ryuu's words and felt her heart beat.

She never experienced someone saying those before as she had spent most of her life in the supernatural and never lived a normal life fearing for their involvement. Sometimes wishing to live like other people who live ignorant of the truth.

Though, Trese doesn't hate it but only hopes to live like a normal person. It's unfortunate that she skipped 5 years of her life when she took a test to become a Lakan.

It was at that moment the words of Ryuu disguised as Yaldabaoth that made her skip once again.

'The past we can't change, the future we never know but the present is the only one we should focus on…..'

Trese thought before smiling softly and gradually felt a bit more relaxed even more by the soothing music playing in the jukebox.

"Here, I hope you give me some honest criticism as I hadn't put this on the menu."

Ryuu came back with a plate of their meal, placing the tiramisu and black coffee into her table.

They took a whiff of the aroma of their dish and immediately felt it drilling. The twin didn't hesitate to dig in as they moaned in pleasure causing Trese's eye to slightly twitch.

"Apologize for their reaction."

"No, it's normal. People said that our dishes are too pleasurable. Anyhow, if you mind me sitting here and having a little chat?"

"Wouldn't that get in the way of your work?"

"Hahaha of course not since this is also work to hear my customers opinions. Now can I?"

Trese didn't know why she felt compelled to say yes but accepted his request finding nothing wrong with it. She soon took a sip of the black coffee and instantly felt her body calming down by the bitterness, even slightly emotion by it.

Her mind went to a time where life could have been. She never realized how much her life was the path laid by others and wishing to do something that she wanted.

"How did it taste? Was it too bitter??"

She smiled, shaking her slowly, taking a sip once more that made Ryuu smile, showing that she took a liking.

"See? I told you smiling makes you appear more beautiful."

"Thank you for this."

Trese didn't know why her heart beat faster every time he praises her appearances.

"How about trying the tiramisu? Though, be careful as it might spill."

The two seemingly the only one existing as the twin distracted by their meal to even notice that the two were practically having a date. Trese tried the dessert and felt one again transportes in her youth where times had been simple.

"I can see you enjoying it….hope whatever troubling you would come to pass. I always say that we should live in the present and never in the past nor future as it is a gift. Regretting about the past and overthinking the future would always be a waste of time."

Ryuu said that it made her eyes regain light that had been lost. He unexpectedly caught a maiden heart without even realizing it.

"Your words….thank you, it helps a lot…."

"Oh, call me Ryuu Cinco."

The twin couldn't try their hardest not to tease the two as their name followed each other. Trese smiled hearing introduce himself and did the same.

"Alexandra Trese."

"Well, Ms. Trese, I'll go ahead and excuse myself. Please enjoy your meal."

Ryuu left their table as she looked at him before taking a sip of her coffee, smiling more than usual.