Chapter 26 - Diabolical Club

After the movie, the two arrived in an arcade section of the mall where numerous games were displayed. He took out a few of his money to exchange it for a game and chose their first game.

"Wanna bet to make things interesting?"

Justine smirks looking at Ryuu who did the same, getting underestimated by her. He sat down next to her as the game was a fighting game that they used to play in their younger years.

"Sure but what's at stake?"

Ryuu crossed his arms trying to see what she would offer to him. She places her finds on her lips before giving a wide grin.

"I'll do one thing and whatever it is I'll do it!" She replied with confidence in her victory.

"Oh then I'll do the same. How about the best out of five?" Ryuu smirked after hearing her reward.

"Oh you're on!"

They selected their character before starting the game. The two gave their all trying to defeat each other with Justine winning the first round.

"Boom! That's how it's done!" Ryuu grinned even wider.

"Yeah yeah but don't get too cocky!"

The second round Ryuu overwhelmed her character using his quick reflexes to do numerous combos that shocked Justine and quickly tried to counter but wasn't fast enough. It was his turn to laugh at her defeat.

"I seem to speak too soon. Well then."

Her expression soon turned serious before skillfully defeating Ryuu who was Overpowered by the sheer skill of how she uses combo. In their younger years, Justine mostly won their game and was extremely skilled in playing fighting games.

She was somehow able to adapt in certain scenarios that in turn gave her the chance to defeat Ryuu.

The fourth round, it was Ryuu who barely won the game if for his dumb luck where his health was one hit from being killed. He sighs in relief in winning and look at her with a burning desire to defeat Justin.

"Last round, may the best player win." Ryuu said to her.

"Of course that would be me." Justine confidently declared.

"We'll see about that."

The last round gave their all where they parried and blocked their attacks that ended in time almost caught them but at that last second, Ryuu's was able to land a fatal blow to her characters and win the match.

"Ooooooh!! Look who just won!" Ryuu celebrated his victory.

"Yeah suck it up! You've won so what do you want?"

Justine was pouting that she lost the match against Ryuu who was smirking non-stop and her expression made him unconsciously place his hand into her head patting her.

This made her flinch, turning his gaze to Ryuu with a flustered face but oddly felt warm inside then realized what he was doing and quickly gave him a jab in the abdomen that still didn't faze Ryuu.

"The hell are you doing? Stop patting my head." Justine felt embarrassed and strangely enjoyed it.

"Okay okay chill. No need to be violents. Anyway, let's play more games."

Ryuu spotted a nearby claw machine that was giving out stuffed animals that were Pokemon. Justine watched him move over to the machine touching her head where he patted her and softly smiled before walking over.

He quickly tried the game to see how many coins he'd spent till he could finally have the stuffed toy.

Crane games are normally a scam that is deliberately made by the store owner to weaken the power of the claw's grip. It ended up spending more than expected, making Ryuu extremely frustrated.