Chapter 34 - Training

Ryuu explains having to change his world and have them evolve into an interstellar state. He would try to save up points to buy knowledge regarding these kinds of sofa things. It benefits him and the world if they reach interstellar.

"Oh right, have you investigated the Kamado family or Tamayo?" Ryuu asked.

"We still haven't found them but I've already sent people to investigate."

He nodded since it would be a loss if they were to die and trigger a cause and effect where Tanjiro as well. Ryuu might be lucky and trigger a mission to save them.

Ryuu would feel slightly responsible for their death since he knew what was going to happen to them and did nothing. Sure, he doesn't have any relation to them and wouldn't risk his life but it still would leave a bitter taste in his mouth.

He doesn't have a hero complex but is still a kind person. Ryuu would definitely save them if the system gave a mission to benefit him.

"Is that so? Well hope they're fine but I've been wondering where's Kanao?"

Ryuu hadn't seen the silent girl anywhere even after they ate. Furthermore, he hadn't sensed her presence by using his magic to feel the blood around him.

"Kanao-chan is currently training in the mountains alone, mastering my late sister's Breathing style."

Shinobu downcast after saying the last part that made Ryuu understand her pain quite a bit. Losing the one you love and respect to an unforeseen incident is traumatizing and would change you.

He recalls her having a similar personality as Aoi and only changes when her sister died in the hands of the 2nd upper moon, Doma. It was a miracle that Shinobu is still alive and escapes his grasp considering how powerful that Demon is.

'Wait!? Is there a way to revive my brother!?? Maybe there is!'

Ryuu recalls that it was possible to pull an item that could revive the dead from the [ Gacha ]. He set out to acquire something that could revive the dead even if it's against nature. However, his intuition is telling that there is more to it than just reviving him.

'That's the Afterworld! I'm not sure but those who manage that realm might be troublesome.'

He understood that his world is intertwined with the supernatural after killing that demon contractor a while back.

"What if you could revive your sister? Would you do it?"

His words caught Shinobu's attention looking at him in confusion but then sadness hidden by her stoic expression.

"Of course not a demon but like reviving her back to life." Ryuu knew what she was thinking based solely on her reaction. 

"I would. She didn't deserve to be killed like the rest." Shinobu said.

"Then perhaps if you continue to use the [ Gacha ] function of the Chat group you might acquire a way to revive her."

Her eyes widened in realization then saw the sadness contained in Ryuu eyes as if looking at herself. Shinobu understood he had lost someone as well and even if she had seen many deaths in her life she still felt sympathetic toward them. She only had her emotion deep within to move forward.

"....Did you also have an older sibling?"

Shinobu asked reluctantly, which made Ryuu pause for a moment looking at the clear sky before smiling.

"Yeah…."

Ryuu softly received sympathy from Shinobu and both took the silent understanding of each other. Though, how they lost their siblings differ still the wounds are similar enough for them to connect.