Chapter 43 - Rewards

They walk their way back to the Demon Slayer corp with Mitsuri looking at Ryuu with concern and curiously as he was holding bento boxes and a bag behind his back without a problem but what got her curious was completely different.

"Do you know how to use that, Ryuu-san?" Mitsuri asked.

"It's been a while but my Father always taught me how to use one when we were younger. Do you want to hear my play?" Ryuu fondly said.

"Y-Yes, if you don't mind?" She became eager and made him chuckle a bit.

"Of course but don't get your hopes up since it's been a while since I've played it."

Ryuu held a bamboo flute that he bought from a vendor and decided to try playing a little song. He placed the flute into his lips and soon a soothing sound could be heard that seemed to heal their fatigue.

Mitsuri was taken aback by how well he was playing the flute as if it had a story contained within them. Ryuu was surprised that he was still able to play some music and used it to make their journey more entertaining.

After a few minutes, Ryuu ended his performance turn to see Mitsuri glistening eyes amaze by his musical talent. Though it was hardly a professional type of play, it was still impressive nonetheless. 

"What do you think?" Ryuu asked.

"Sugoi!! It was amazing, Ryuu-san!! I never knew you had such talent before!?" Mitsuri overjoyed hearing him play.

"I'm glad you like it."

Ryuu gave a wide smile, enjoying her blissful action beckoning him to play more music for her. He did as told and continued their journey until they spent a whole two weeks of travel back.

It did allow them to know about each and grow fond. Ryuu shared his life with her, speaking about where he grew up and how vast the world is. She listened in wonder like a little girl hearing fairy tales.

Furthermore, he shared stories from his world that grew her more to Ryuu. The day before they arrive at the Demon Slayer Corp. He decided to go to the [ Gacha ] to see if there's any interesting items since the majority he acquireds for the past week were a chunk.

'Hope something interesting.'

He glances toward Mitsuri who was sleeping in their tent while Ryuu remained awake to watch if there were any Wild animals or demons. Ryuu spun the [ Gacha ] using the 4 normal tickets that he hadn't used.

[ You have acquired Status Effect Resistances ]

[ You have acquired Dimensional Training Room ]

[ You have acquired 1x Change Appearance ]

[ You have acquired 1x Revival Stone ]

Ryuu was a bit surprised that he acquired useful items namely the [ Dimensional Training Room ] for his future plans while the [ Revival Stone ] could be used to resurrect Kanae back to life.

He wanted to revive his brother but knowing his world is more complicated than how it presents itself was better to gather information first.

Ryuu didn't want to revive his brother and suddenly out of nowhere problems ensued. Furthermore, his intuition was the best ability he had that always gave him the right choices. 

'Let see their descriptions first.'

[ Status Effect Resistances ]

[ Description: Status Effect Resistance is a skill that provides resistance against not only poison, illnesses, and curses, but also fatigue, stress, sleep, hunger, asphyxia, pain and any other condition that causes the skill's owner to not be in peak form. However, it does not provide resistance to the effects of having expended too much Mana or wounds caused by taking damage. Those with a high level in this skill can always be in peak form despite any negative effects they may be under. However, it does not nullify the negative effects, so there is a limit to this skill's effect. ]