Chapter 42 - Mission Accomplished

Deep in the night, Ryuu and Mitsuri were leaping on the rooftop with tremendous speed blinking through the whole town. They were barely noticeable despite the busy street below.

Ryuu had already found the location where the demons were residing thanks to his [ Byakugan ] that proved more useful than expected.

The reason being is having read countless fanfic that only gave the character the [ Sharingan ] which gives a lot of ability if it advances but there are many annoying drawbacks with the ability.

Even if he acquired the Doujutsu and used points to remove the weakness would prove troublesome. Ryuu enjoyed what he had and used it to the fullest.

"We're almost there!"

Mitsuri nodded, tightened her grip of her sword and even if she was skilled enough it was better to be prepared. Ryuu doubts that she would be any harm considering Mitsuri was a Hashira and killed her own.

Still he felt worried about her safety, pondering if she had grown important to him but shook his head as it was too early to assume things like Shinobu.

"Be careful, we don't know what kind of [ Blood Demon Arts ] they may have." Ryuu warned her of the possible danger that they were about to face.

"A-Alright, Ryuu-san. I'll keep that in mind, Thank you." Mitsuri complied.

"Once this is done, let's buy some Sakura Mochi later." Ryuu smiled when she saw her flinch.

"What!!? Really!??" Her eyes shone with excitement.

"Shhhh quiet, we don't want people to notice us but yeah, you muttered something like that earlier."

Mitsuri hides her face in embarrassment since she's been trying to stop eating them after her hair started to change color but after spending time with Ryuu who always complimented her hair started to feel more confident in herself.

Ryuu yet again wasn't trying to flirt and genuinely thought it was beautiful giving her a cute and alluring beauty. Despite the unusual color that would appear cringy in his world, it somehow works for Mitsuri.

"Hahaha no need to feel embarrassed, I haven't eaten one before so I'm a bit interested in how it tastes."

This is the first time that he experienced the outside world of Demon Slayer and hadn't tasted other Japanese cuisine before. The only thing he ate was pork and Chicken Katsu along with Tempura and some herbal tea.

Ryuu found a new favorite food in the form of Katsu and planned to explore modern Japan in the future.

"It tastes really good!!"

Mitsuri joyfully exclaims trying to be quiet but shows her excitement to let him have taste. Ryuu only knew about mochi as it's a sticky type of sweet. He had similar food in the Phillipines called Palitaw but couldn't compare it without trying.

"Now I'm interested. For now, let's focus on the task at hand."

Ryuu draws his weapon ready himself as they soon find themselves in an abandoned mansion on a quiet street. He could smell the sweet aroma of human blood around the place.

It made him thirsty wanting to drink some but more importantly he was drawn to the smell of demons. This was the first time he would encounter a demon and wonder how their blood would taste.

'I hope I can get their Blood Demon Art.'

Ryuu thought of the possibility and acquired the numerous abilities that a Demon could have but knowing there's always a catch in such ability lowered his hope just in case.