Chapter 93 - Emissary

They were reluctant to let him join their investigation knowing nothing about him. However, the information provided by him and his offer shows there's a huge cons in there with little for him. Ryuu knew this and why he was putting risk to gain their trust.

He isn't evil enough to just take things from people who aren't evil nor have done vile action.

Ryuu is able to know this by the [ Aura ] they radiate since it appears that once they commit sins would change the color of Aura which is the soul.

The more sin they have the darker it gets. Ryuu wonders if it's just part of his innate ability for the [ Byakugan ] or this is just how aura works but the former is the most likely answer.

"What do you say?"

"Very well but you have to listen to me."

"No, I'll only do things on my own accord."

This made her frown but nodded since she knows there's nothing she currently does against him. The best thing she can do is stay close to him and observe if there's anything that she is able to find.

"Alright, fine. Let's go."

Ryuu smiled following them leaving Hank behind who whispered to her to be careful as they went outside and hopped on their vehicle. He sat beside Trese who kept glancing at him.

"What are you? I know you're not human at the least."

"Of course I'm human, born and raised so you don't need to worry about me rebelling against humans but I do kill criminals without remorse. Furthermore, I can see people's aura and their sins therefore I don't need to feel any guilt."

"Is that so? What do you mean Aura?"

"How about I ask a question and we can go back and forth? I think it's only fair?"

Trese nodded thinking it was only a fair trade. She has many questions and numerous things that needed to know. If his words were true then she knows that he is human with unique abilities.

"Now what is the skyworld you've mentioned?"

"Skyworld is a place where most mythical creatures come from. Little is known about it. Now tell me what aura is?"

"Aura is a manifestation of the soul, a life force that runs through every living creature, whether they are a meager shopkeep or a renowned knight. However, every person has a different color of Aura that is based on their personality and I must say yours is quite interesting."

"Tell me what color is mine."

Trese was intrigued about the information she was able to gather from him. Ryuu doesn't care since for him it was trivial and he was only telling the vague basics of it.

"Now now, I'm next."

Ryuu wiggled his finger that annoyed her but nodded as he tilted his head trying to find more things to ask her.

"How does Mahika work?"

"Mahika is an invocation of specific chants and rituals with the addition of conjuring of sigils."

"Oh is that all? Well I do hope you'd give me the library books that I desire. Anyway, as for your aura…..it's black."

Trese flinched from his remark thinking that her soul was pure evil downcast before hearing a chuckle turn to look at Ryuu.

"Hold on, let me finish…it's black pure utterly darkness like a boundless sea of a starless night. A black aura doesn't necessarily mean a bad person, it simply means that there is affinity to certain things. Even as pure as the light of Aura could be evil by their twisted lawful evil mindset."