Chapter 35 - Defeated

Looking at the azure sky, Ryuu hardly saw anything before he was instantly defeated by Shinobu. To call it a spar was an outcry considering it was more like one sided tripping. Her moves were swift and utilized the momentum to catch him out of balance, lessening the use of force.

She was quick and nimble using a mixture of precise strike and Aikido to use his center of gravity against him. Ryuu kept going from their initial fight and continued to try to strike her with his blade with the intent to kill.

Every moment he did had been easily evaded and countered that he was confused about what she was doing. It caught him lying tired on the ground breathing restlessly covered in sweat and dirt.

He didn't have any wounds or scratches thanks to the [ Rapid Regeneration ]. Ryuu's gaze then was overcast by Shinobu's shadow doing the same action as she did with Zenitsu.

"Moshi Moshi, can you still continue?"

She smiled and made Ryuu sigh before slowly standing back into his feet, already recovered from the pain. His [ Rapid Regeneration ]  helps him alot when restoring his health.

Shinobu was already impressed as they had started 3 hours ago and he was still going strong. His movement advances Every Time they start another round much quicker than any other Demon Slayer.

The estimations of his training had been reduced to a single week rather than several months. He had extreme endurances even more when his old self was a brawler who fought like wild animals.

Ryuu cracked his neck and did a bit of stretching feeling stiff after all the beating he had sustained. His deep breath controls the flow of his blood slowly understanding the correct way of using the [ Total Concentration: Constant ].

He could easily use [ Parallel Thought Processing ] to constantly use it but still it is far from constant as it requires Mana. Ryuu looks at Shinobu, giving a wide smile pointing the dagger towards her.

"I can do this all day or at least until I leave scratch on you."

Ryuu dashed towards Shinobu trying to strike her check but she swiftly stepped aside before flipping him into the ground. He was confused why he always missed and fell that easily. 

'Is it my footwork? I know from manga and anime that the important things when it comes to martial arts are their footwork and center gravity.'

He thought to himself trying to find the reasons for his defeat. Ryuu sighed once more in disappointment but knew it was only the first day and had more in the future.

"We should take a break for now and have some meals. Fortunately, I've already prepared bento for us."

Shinobu presented the boxes that she was carrying along the way were actually bento boxes. Both of them sat down close to a boulder nearby and Ryuu received the bento box from Shinobu.

"Thank you, this is the first time I've seen a bento box before and it smells amazing."

Ryuu opened the Bento box and was greeted by a delightful sight of fried tempura and other nutritional food. He was thankful that there was a spoon and began to dig in.

He may be able to put aside his hunger for a while but Ryuu unreluctantly devours the meal once it presents itself. Shinobu was looking at him and that made him stop feeling uneasy being looked at.

"Uhmm is something in my face?” Ryuu asked, confused by her action.

"Nothing. I'm just surprised how well you're doing in training. You've already surpassed Hashira in terms of how quickly you're improving." Shinobu commented

"Ah well I don't know why but I believe it is from the cleansing pill." Ryuu gave a brief answer and She nodded.

After their meal, they continued their training until it was 6 PM in the afternoon and Ryuu still left on the ground but his footwork was more coordinated, flowing much more smoothly than before.

"Alright, it's my turn to train. Care to teach me how to acquire magic?"

Shinobu bluntly said that made Ryuu twitch since his body started to ache after all the beating and concussion. He was damn lucky to have [ Rapid Regeneration ] or else he had been brain dead. He took a moment before standing up dusting himself.

"Jeez, couldn't you be more gentle? I almost snapped my neck for crying out loud!" Ryuu complained.

"Ara~ I knew you'd be fine if not then I wouldn't have done that."

Ryuu frowns, rubbing his chin after receiving a powerful palm strike enough to snap a normal person's neck. He took his upper clothes before turning his attention to Shinobu.

"*Sigh* I think it's best to do it in the Butterfly Mansion."

He knew it was possible to take at least a whole entire night trying to sense magical energy. Ryuu this world would have magical energy due to the Blood Demon art that the Demons (Oni) use.

They soon arrive back at the Butterfly mansion where Shinobu sat in a meditative state like what Ryuu had done. She already had [ Aura (Rwby) ] which was easy to use as the principle was similar to Breathing technique.

He had already made sure no one would be able to see what they were doing. It would be difficult to explain and didn't want them to use magic that would trigger the mission as failure.

"Now, it would take time to acquire magic and though you could learn other types of magic there is a certain affinity that is much easier to use than other magic. I am not in depth in magic since I've only recently unlocked it but I'll do the best I can to help you."

Ryuu is unsure if he's capable of learning other forms of magic since they are things that one should consider when having magic.

Their always affinity and talent to learn certain magic. For him it was blood magic and apparently Bone and Disease Magic.

He vaguely guesses that rewards are based on their characters which is understandable. Ryuu thought that whoever made the system is a total noob in the chat group.

Ryuu doesn't understand why his abilities are based on gore and grotesque nearly eldritch. He only shook his head and accepted it since it could prove beneficial.

"Just focus on one thought that has a strong emotion and try to sense something. Make sure not to use anger or you'll find yourself lost."

He explains feeling annoyed that the origin of magic from Fairy Tail was love which is bullshit. Though, Ryuu guessed that it was anything that caused strong emotion.

Shinobu did as she was told and emptied her mind focusing on the thing that made her happy.

"You'd eventually see a hovering light around you and slowly approach you. Try to hold on to them once you see it."

Ryuu watches her falling deeper with her Total Concentration: Constant still in effect but the flow of her blood is faster than before. He kept her company through it all knowing that it would at least last the whole night.

In the end, Ryuu ended up staying in Shinobu's room while he could feel the gradual gathering of Ethernano slowly being absorbed into her body.

It was slow, a small wisp every hour until the break of dawn arrived and Shinobu inwardly frowned that she hadn't acquired Magic then was surprised that it was already morning and turned to see Ryuu sleeping in his room.

'Did he stay the whole night just to keep me safe?'

Shinobu thought as he could have easily left or even taken advantage of her body to remain at the same spot soundly sleeping. She smiles before approaching him, touching his cheek.

'He looks rather cute up close.'

His eyes twitch causing her to quickly remove her hands as Ryuu yawns and stretches his body while rubbing his eyes.

"Have you succeeded in getting magic?" Ryuu asked unaware what she did.

"Unfortunately, I have difficulty seeing the light you said." Shinobu said with a smile.

"Well it's to be expected it takes time like making a breathing style. Anyway, are we starting training again?”