Chapter 1 - New phone?

The afternoon was clear with a few clouds in the sky that were seen by a young man looking at the window. One may call his location the protagonist seat but the young man who sat on it would beg to differ.

He appeared to have average looks that were neither too appealing nor too unpleasant, having dark hair a staple of Asian roots. Though, his eyes had a dark outline indicating a lack of sleep.

The young man wore a white polo shirt and black pants along with black leather shoes and dangling from his chest was a school ID.

It was written 'Ryuu Cinco', an unusual name with a mixture of Japanese and Filipino. He absentmindedly looked at the sky like an idiot which definitely did not remain unnoticed by his teacher who turned around and saw him not paying attention.

It's clear that boredom filled his mind trying to occupy himself with other things that he deem more important than what he should be doing.

The teacher felt irritated wanting to scream at him for his action but smirk decided to do something better and went closer. Every student saw this and started whispering to each other.

"Young Cinco!"

Ryuu jumped a bit from the sudden shout of his teacher and turned to his side while sweating bullets. He could see the fury from his teacher's wrinkling face and made him want to punch it.

He hated the teacher for being too strict and being one of the teachers who only explained it once and expecting the student to know everything.

Though he's not stupid and understands the importance of discipline and etiquette, his teacher was too strict and old fashioned. He doesn't understand that his teacher doesn't fit the modern way but that's how it is.

"Since you dare to ignore me, it would only mean that you understood our lesson?" The teacher looked down at him despite his passable grade doesn't excuse him to be ignored in the lesson.

Ryuu warily smiled and recalled how he barely studied anything after being busy with watching anime and reading manga. It still made him furious how Kimetsu No Yaiba ended.

Though he had planned to study soon after, he was frustrated by the ending that he couldn't focus on studying and ended up forgetting everything. Could you blame him? Yes. But Ryuu couldn't change the past.

"Then, care to explain the names of Magellan's ships that are used in his voyage!?!"

The teacher slammed his hand into the desk looking at his student enjoying him struggling. Ryuu tried wracking his head trying to remember it but the only thing he could remember was the cliffhanger of the latest episode of the anime he watched.

"Uhmm...Trinidad….Santiago...what was the next one...wait...Conception...Antonio and….and…" Ryuu struggles to name all of them but somehow manages to gradually recall them one by one.

"And?" The teacher was honestly impressed that he was able to name them and only missing one.

"And…" He purposely sweats trying to dwell deeper into his memories.

'Fuck! The hell is that last one!? God, I hate history!'

He curses at his misfortune feeling embarrassed as everyone else was gossiping. Ryuu knew he wouldn't be able to get the answer no matter how much he tried.

[ Victoria! ]

Ryuu saw the answer behind his teacher and it came from a close friend of his, Justine Reyes was a tomboy that had been with him since childhood and a feisty one which is why none of the students tried to stop her when she wrote the answer on the palm of her hand.