Chapter 5 - Offer 2

In the world of Earthland, a place where humans have the mystical ability to use magic and perform unbelievable things. Those who are proficient in the use of magic are called mages and these people are typically seen in a place called Guilds.

It is a place for mercenaries where they can acquire a quest and be rewarded for their hard work. There are three types of guilds, namely the normal one, the Dark guild which defies the laws, and the independent guild which could be considered as an unofficial guild.

There are numerous guilds, however one of the top guilds, the Fairy Tail Guild located in the kingdom of Fiore. The building of the Fairy Tail was an imposing structure consisting of three floors and incorporating several architectonic styles: it took on a shape reminiscent of a pagoda, with each floor being smaller than the one below it and sitting on the latter's roof.

The roofs also bore great resemblance to those of real pagoda, consisting of extremely long, arched tiles lined up one after the other and possessing simple curved protrusions jutting upwards on the building's angles.

On the highest roof, topping the summit of the building, sat a simple, round-pointed dome, highly reminiscent of those seen on Arabian buildings, which bore a flag on its point.

The roof below the one with the dome, the middle one, housed a large banner with a symbol that appeared to be a fluttering fairy, held up by a pair of vertical poles.

The building's large entrance was again Arabian in design, with its shape being reminiscent of that of the dome on the summit, and above it was the guild's name, topped by a protruding, stylized heart shape and flanked by a pair of carved fairies.

Stylized heart shapes were also visible on the frames of the numerous, large pentagonal windows located on each floor, with the top floor housing smaller, arched windows partially covered by banners.

Inside was similar to a large lunch hall, and mainly consisted of wood, possessing a parquet floor and a mezzanine held up by wood beams overlooking it.

Several long benches and the related tables stretched across its length with a bar managed by a white haired woman dressed in an elegant outfit giving a calm smile to the people sitting on the long benches. There was also a board that was filled with quest papers beside the bar.

At one particular seat was a young woman with long, scarlet hair and brown eyes. She has creamy white skinned and tender lips along with a slender, voluptuous figure. Her attire consists of a silver armor with a golden cross on the right side covering a fairy tail mark, a blue skirt, black boots, and diamond shaped silver earrings.

She emits a regal aura that was in contrast to her gleefully eating a strawberry cheesecake. The people around her found it adorable but were afraid to voice their opinion. The young woman was known as Erza Scarlet and had a strict personality that everyone feared her wrath.

However, if one can describe what her past is, then it could be said to have been filled with insecurities and trauma. As a child, the place she lived in was raided by a group of fanatics that worshiped the being known as 'Zeref'.

They had enslave children including Erza to build a structure known as Tower of Heaven' where they were tortured to work until one day of their escape but this had many tragedies had happened. Namely the betrayal of her close friend and the death of the person who had told her about the guild known as Fairy Tail.

She had deep regret in being unable to save her friends even after getting stronger and felt her strength was useless when those people are forever gone.

However, her newfound strength is vital for the new home that she finds herself growing up in. The Fairy Tail guild were everyone and willing to protect them at the cost of her life.