Chapter 24 - Alexandra Trese.

I wrote this chapter around the time Trese was airing and enjoy it quite a bit. Though, not perfect but still enjoyable if you ask me.

Anyway, enjoy the chapter.

===========
At the heart of Manila, walk down the street and you shall find countless dangers hiding in the shadows. Local thugs and gangs are the least of your worries as those who see the truths know that the darkness that once hid was now slowly emerging.

In the hidden world of the supernatural, many mythical creatures are hidden from the public eye and their intentions vary with some benevolent and some malevolent while there are those who are neutral, letting the world unfold and unshaken.

Humans are between them all with the majority lacking the power to protect themselves and those who discover the truth usually learn the dark arts of becoming a salamangkero. 

However if there is darkness then there is light of hope in the form of Babylan-Mandirigma which roughly translates to Shaman warriors who trained to be the protector of Terra mundo to all manners of Creature.

The current Babylan-Mandirigma was known as Alexandra Trese, the sixth child of the sixth child. Like any story, there is a prophecy that spoke of the end times.

Those who know the prophecy understand that "the sixth child of the sixth child" will bring about a balance between the underworld and the world of men. And will preside over the one and destroy the other.

The prophecy spoke of none other than Alexendra Trese who had a twin that had been killed by his father in fear of both his child being killed.

"You seem quite tired, Bossing."

A middle-aged man with prominent goatee facial hair and average-looking build wearing a simple long-sleeve shirt while making glasses of alcohol looking at the young woman drinking some of it. His name was Hank Sparrow and a close friend of Alexandra's father.

Her expression was troubled to recall something that had recently occurred and hadn't found a clue where to start.

His expression looked at her bothered by Alexandra's burden as she was the daughter of his close friend and treating her as his niece.

"*sigh* it's just that I feel dissatisfied from the recent investigation."

"Oh, the one about the human trafficking? Didn't you find and save them? Then what's troubling you much?"

"The mysterious creature that killed Salamangkero and everyone else. I just want to find this creature and see if it's a threat or not."

Alexandra, despite her stoic expression, was frightened by the images and gore that she witnessed from the scene. Though she had already been prepared to see this, it was still difficult to get used to.

"Yeah, it's understandable that you're troubled but from what I see that creature seems to only kill those human traffickers."

The young woman took another sip of her drink thinking that it was true that the creature killed every single human trafficker but did not do anything else and even flew away after they arrived rather than fighting them.

Despite being shot by one of the Kambal (Twins) didn't show any hostility showing that it had human intellect rather than a mindless beast.

"You should stop worrying about so many things and just relax. How about that investigation on the missing body in the nearby hospital?"

Hank asked, trying to help ease her worries seeing that she hadn't gotten much rest after thinking about that mysterious creature. 

"Nothing much, I'm still waiting for more information from Guerrero. I got the feeling the higher ups of the hospital are responsible for the disappearance."