Chapter 37 - Torture

To call his training with Muichiro, A training is inaccurate instead it should be called torture. Ryuu had been beaten far worse than when he was with Shinobu who only used his center of gravity to take down while Muichiro had him evade every sword slashes that he did.

It would have been fine if he hadn't used an actual sword when training him. Ryuu barely escaped his grasp and did his best to survive the first day.  He felt lucky when he trained with Shinobu who went easy on him.

The reason why Muichiro was so difficult isn't only because he has an air head and doesn tknow how to train someone but also his form is difficult to pinpoint where he's going to strike and disorient his senses like a mist.

Every movement was swift that struck and cut him in several places within seconds. It was unbelievable how he was able to move that nimbly.

Despite his complaint and whining, Ryuu reached a point where his movement was snot only quick but unpredictable as he appeared in different places. He understood the principle of the mist breathing.

It utilized the blinking of an individual and took that split second to vanish before executing a series of sweeping strikes. They were difficult to parry, turning something akin to a mist enveloping his whole body.

A mist and a poison was the perfect combination of form as they are essentially the same with only difference being the former able to perform slashes while the latter only precise strike.

Ryuu mixed it into his [ Breath of Plague ]  Precision, Swiftness and the final piece, the Flexibility of the technique. He would be able to improve his flexibility with Mitsuri in the coming weeks.

He had already memorized Muichiro sword technique, mastering them to nearly perfect level.

Furthermore, he received some [ Body tempering pills ] from the gacha and Ryuu had been using ir after every fourth day. This caused his body to rapidly grow stronger and denser than ever before.

The other Hashira excluding Sanemi and Obanai partake in the pill finding themselves experiencing an urge to move and push their body to the limits which they did. 

In terms of overall power, Rengoku could easily contend with Akaza if they ever meet and survive. They were even able to heal rather quickly than before due to the influences of the pill.

"You've already mastered my technique even though it's only been two weeks or so."

Muichiro looks at Ryuu dirt and smudges on his body but no visible cuts thanks to his skills. It was fortunate that Muichiro didn't bat an eye and continued to torture him.

It would be difficult to explain if he asked about the reason. In the end, it took him nearly two weeks to perfect his movement due to the complexity of his breathing form.

He was barely standing where Muichiro wasn't that different from him having his clothes torn in several places and the place they were training had numerous cuts and collateral damages.

Ryuu took a deep breath before recovering instantly from his [ Rapid Regeneration ] and twirling his daggers Before sheathing them back into his waist.

"Like an old saying goes 'What kills us only makes us stronger.' or so I heard." Ryuu said unaware of his mistake.

"How can you be stronger if you're dead?"

Muichiro bluntly asked, missing the whole point of his words and made Ryuu twitch his eyes. He only sighed before picking himself up and excused himself back to the Butterfly Mansion.

Ryuu took a whiff of himself, smelling the intense odor of his sweat. His body still aches from the muscle pain and wanted to have some warm bath to reliviate it.