Chapter 9 - Magic?

Ryuu soon arrives at his hotel room feeling slightly overwhelmed by the contrast of his usual living quarters to this place. He placed the items that he had bought before looking around, seeing that everything was made from smooth concrete and marble that he can only dream of having.

He was immensely excited to feel something luxurious for the first time in his life. Ryuu made his way to the balcony that overlooked the vast cityscape. After a few minutes he entered his room and started to check his chat group system features.

'The skills and gacha are going to be useful. Hopefully once I use the cleansing pills it helps me get stronger.’ Ryuu thought and opened his inventory and took out the book which was given by Erza.

He confirmed that it was there and took out the [ Origin Magic Book ] that was unable to be learned as it was just a vague explanation and does necessary give someone magic.

Ryuu read the content of the book and it told that mana or Etherno could be sensed by meditating or have an overwhelming emotion.

After finishing, Ryuu closed the book and stood up once again heading towards the hot tub. He decided it was best to cleanse his body while trying to sense Mana.

Once the tub was full, he took out the cleansing pill from his inventory and saw a small bottle form on his hand. He opened the lid and was instantly greeted by an alluring aroma before taking out a small pill from inside it.

'I just hope it doesn't kill me…'

Ryuu entered the bath and submerged his body enveloped in the warm water. He took the pill into his mouth and felt it go down his throat to his stomach.

‘....Ah, it seems it isn't that ba—Gaah.’

He felt the surging pain and immediately tried to integrate the [ Total Concentration Breathing ] into his mind and receive the knowledge. Ryuu was able to control the regaining energy that cleansing his body.

Moments later, he took a meditating position and took deep breaths before exhaling. Ryuu focused and tried to sense the mana around him.

His deep concentration did not let him notice that change happening to his body. Ryuu's once average body gradually turned into a rather toned build, showing individual muscles and skin becoming smoother than before akin to a newborn child.

Ryuu's hair grew longer enough to reach his eyes. Though, in the process, it also produces a mucus-like substance in the water which diluted the once clear beautiful water into murky water.

As his body had a shocking metamorphosis, Ryuu slowly felt a light of some sort around him and found himself surrounded by the blood soaking red hovering light. Ryuu tried to reach out and absorbed the energy that caused his body to radiate a thick, dangerous aura.

He soon opened his eyes showing the once dark eyes turn into crimson red that could allure any woman.

Ryuu soon held out his hand trying to find what his magic was and was shocked when he heard the system.

[ You have acquired Mana energy. ]

[ You have acquired “Blood Magic” skill ]

'Blood magic? Why fuck do I have that emo ass skill!? I wanted fire or water but blood!? Are you kidding me!?'

Ryuu inwardly curses looking at the blood hovering this palmed. He sighed before trying to mold the blood, surprised that it turned into a needle before mentally solidifying the blood.

He was taken aback when it worked and quickly tried to manipulate his own blood. Ryuu was able to pump more blood than normally and circulate oxygen at a much quicker pace.