chapter seventy seven

˚♡ ⋆。˚

CHAPTER SEVENTY-SEVEN
perfect little accident.
season six, episode sixteen.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"So, you left your father a message," Miles concluded the conversation, sat at the table of Jackson and Billie's apartment eating a bowl of cereal.

"Yes. And I'm totally freaking out," Billie said, sprinting laps from one side of the kitchen to the other. "I mean, I didn't even say much, just asked him to come to Seattle so we could talk and clear things out and then he'd leave. But I'm gonna see my father—my abusive father—for the first time in two years and he's gonna be sober, which will be like being ten all over again because I've seen more of him drunk than anything else and I just don't know."

"It's okay to freak out, babe," Jackson said, walking out of the room he shared with his girlfriend to take a seat by his friend at the table. "Pass the cereal?"

Billie tossed him the cereal box. "Yeah, I know. It's just... it's weird. What am I even gonna say? I mean, I've changed so much."

"You know we can go with you if that'll make you feel better," Miles reminded her through a mouthful of his breakfast.

"No, I already told you, I have to do this alone. If I go with one of you, I'm just gonna freak even more."

"Well, we can keep discussing this on the way to the hospital, because we're late," Miles stated, standing up from the table to leave his now empty bowl on the sink.

"I'm not washing your dirty dishes," Billie told him with a grimace.

"Yeah, yeah. Jackson, drive us?" 

"Actually, I need to go drive my grandfather to the airport, so you two go alone and I'll meet you there later," Jackson stated as he prepared his breakfast.

"Oh." Billie frowned. "Your grandfather's coming? How did I not know that?"

"You do now."

"Well, am I gonna meet him?"

Jackson hesitated. "Probably not. He's not the nicest person."

"Oh, c'mon. I'm your girlfriend!"

"Billie, we're late!" Miles, who'd already gathered his stuff and walked halfway through the door, exclaimed.

"Wait!" Billie yelled back. "Jackson, c'mon. We'll go for some lunch and you'll introduce me to him. How else are we gonna become a serious couple if you can't even introduce me to your family?"

"You haven't introduced me to your family either," Jackson frowned, but then realized. "Oh, right."

"Yeah." Billie nodded.

He took a second, but finally accepted reluctantly. "Fine, I'll think about it. Now go."

Billie smiled triumphantly, walked over to him to peck him on the lips, gathered her stuff and then ran out through the door, chorused by Miles frantic calling.

Later that day and much to her surprise, as she chatted with a nurse by a nurses station, Billie caught sight of Jackson walking into the ER, following two paramedics along with a gurney where a man in a suit lay.

"Call my driver and tell him there's still time to make my flight if he comes straight here," the man told Jackson, who seemed worried.

"You passed out in a restaurant and you have abdominal pain. You're not getting on a plane," Jackson argued.