chapter sixty

˚♡ ⋆。˚

CHAPTER SIXTY
an honest mistake.
season five, episode sixteen.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Who's that?"

As soon as the words were out of Billie's mouth, Alex's head immediately whipped upwards from the chart he was updating and he began turning in all directions, searching for the source of his friend's surprise. However, knowing her (quiet well, truly), he knew that, given Billie's current state of reluctant celibacy, it was likely that someone had caught her eye.

And he was right. Just a few seconds earlier, a perky-seeming blonde had roller-skated into the main hall-actually roller-skated, since the soles of her shoes appeared to have small wheels attached to them, which granted the blonde attending the ability to slide into any given space. She was a pretty woman, relatively short and with a squared smile that displayed each and every single one of her pearly whites. Naturally, the beautiful stranger had called Billie's attention (mostly because ever since Miles had gotten into a relationship with April, Billie was having a hard time finding someone whom which she could have loose trysts with).

"Oh, that?" Alex gestured with his head, eyes on the attending Billie now seemed fascinated by. "That's, uh, Robbins. Arizona Robbins. New peds attending."

"Oh, is she now?" Billie squinted her eyes, watching as Arizona traveled the room and came to a halt in front of none other than her own intern, John Rogers. "She's cute."

"I don't think she's into chicks." Alex grimaced, refusing to admit that the smallest, teeniest, tiniest bit of himself actually felt kind of jealous.

True, he'd been dating Izzie Stevens for several months and had even confessed his love for her, which she had reciprocated, but lately, the blonde seemed to be slightly detached of herself and her surroundings. She'd been acting weird, claiming to be capable of talking to dead people, and Alex had been feeling more and more distanced from her with time, so his brain sought comfort in the only girl he knew would never leave him. But now, seeing as the brunette had obviously moved on, he felt left behind.

What he didn't know, though, was that Billie had not moved on. In fact, she was far from it.

"Not into chicks?" The girl scoffed. "Please."

"What do you mean?"

"She roller-skates."

"So?"

"So?" Billie turned to him, finally etching her eyes off of Arizona and finding Alex to be way closer than what she had priorly thought. "It screams gay all over."

"It just screams I'm a child with an attention deficit." He rolled his eyes.

"So you're telling me you wouldn't tap that if you had the chance?" Billie arched an eyebrow, once again, turning towards him and holding eye contact.

Alex swallowed for a second, holding back the urge to confess that no, he wouldn't sleep with Arizona Robbins but there was someone else he would very much like to sleep with if circumstances weren't against him. Alas, much to his dismay, Billie took his silence to be something else.

"See?" She shrugged, looking back over at Arizona, who still chatted eagerly with John about whatever. Soon, however, Billie's expression fell a little. "You know what's up with John?"

"Huh?" Alex frowned, whiplashed by the sudden shift in the atmosphere of the conversation. He followed Billie's gaze to the young man that stood talking to Arizona. "No. Never even talked to the guy."