chapter thirty one

˚♡ ⋆。˚

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
six days, part one.
season three, episode eleven.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

That morning, Billie woke up to her alarm in a bed that wasn't her own, in a room that wasn't her own, at a place she only recognized as a hotel. However, differing from many other past mornings, this time, she was not alone.

Laying naked, Billie turned her head tiredly to her right, where she met eyes with a shirtless Mark. The clock blaring through the room had woken him too, but despite the fact that an alarm would've normally made his mood turn to shit, he woke up smiling.

Billie also drew a grin on her face and reached out her hand towards her bedside table, searching blindly for the digital clock before she finally managed to slap it silent. As soon as the room was quiet again, she smiled groggily and turned to her side.

"Morning." Mark smiled widely.

"Morning," she said back.

They had now been sleeping together for over a week, having thrown away all of the obstacles that stopped them from it. No more Alex, no more Addison, no more nothing that would hold them back, Billie and Mark rolled over to each other, bodies colliding together until hers finally ended up on top of his.

He tucked a loose strand of her hair behind her ear and smiled. "Your bedhead's cute."

"That's what you said yesterday." Billie rolled her eyes playfully at his consistency. "And the day before."

"It's true," he said.

Mark then leant forward and laced their lips together into something that first came off as a chaste kiss, but soon swayed with a much more heated motion. They rolled over in bed so now he hovered on top of her, kissing her passionately. His hands slid up her sides to hoist himself up, but as he did, he came in contact with a certain something under the pillow.

Carefully, he pulled it out and then leant back, opening his eyes to stare at what he held in his hand. Billie's eyes also feathered open and her eyes landed on the twelve million dollar uncashed check.

"Explain yourself." Mark looked at her deadpan.

Billie hid her face under the pillow. "No."

"Are you serious? I told you to cash this! You're telling me I've been fucking you every day for the past week on top of a twelve million dollar check, and I didn't know about it?" He widened his eyes in utter horror, causing Billie to laugh.

"Maybe."

"Oh, my God!" He threw the piece of paper away and alienated it like it was on fire. "Why did you even bring it here!"

"I didn't wanna lose it! Okay?"

Billie removed the pillow from her face and let out a wholehearted chuckle at the man's reaction, being unable to stop laughing for a second due to the look on his face. When she finally managed to calm down, she wiped a tear from her eye and met his stern expression.

"Billie, you gotta deposit the damn thing," he said sharply, looking at her like a father who scolds his little kid.

She laughed at him. "Or what?"

"Or no more sex." He nodded firmly, standing his ground.

At the words, the smile was wiped away from Billie's face. She paused.

"Are you serious?" She lowered her voice.

"Yes."

It took her a second before she broke. "Fine. I'll deposit the damn thing."