chapter thirty two

˚♡ ⋆。˚

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
six days, part two.
season three, episode twelve.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Billie, Meredith and Cristina stood by the nurses station in the waiting area, leant over the counter and staring at Thatcher Grey, who talked through the phone while he held a carton cup of coffee on his hand.

"How am I related to that man?" Meredith asked existentially.

"What do you mean?"

"Look at him. He's a mess." The blonde reasoned, watching as Thatcher waved his hand and accidentally spilled some of his coffee on the floor. "I mean, he's a disaster. A stammering, mumbly, clumsy disaster with whom I have absolutely nothing in common. Not one thing."

In front of them, Thatcher grabbed one of the newspapers stacked on the table to try and clean the mess he'd made on the floor, all while he held his phone to his ear, but he only managed to make a bigger mess. Billie and Cristina looked at each other and laughed.

The former glanced at the blonde. "I hate to break this to you, but..."

"What?"

"You know, you do your own share of stammering yourself." Cristina looked over at her, amused.

"Yeah, that nervous talking thing you do, it's actually a lot like him." Billie smirked, causing the former to hum in agreement.

"No, it's not!"

"Plus that messy thing," Cristina added.

"Totally."

Meredith looked at her two friends in disbelief. "You're the messy one. And you, Billie, don't even get me started on your stammering."

"Hey, I don't stammer!"

"No, my apartment's messy, my locker's messy, but I am not messy." Cristina gestured with her hand towards herself. "Sometimes you have, like, food and stuff in your hair."

"Yeah, food on your hair, Band-Aids on your face." Billie leant in forward and squinted her eyes, still slightly mad about the comment on her supposed stammering. "I can still kinda see the indentation from the nose strip you were wearing last night."

Meredith frowned and looked at Cristina. "You are in a relationship with no words." She glanced at Billie. "And you are a millionaire with twenty-dollar shoes who doesn't even spend the night at her house and that is pining over a man-whore. How would you even know I wore a nose strip last night? Whatever."

They watched Meredith storm away and their eyes landed again on Thatcher, who attempted to hold the carton coffee cup with his mouth as he balled up the stained newspaper.

"Oh, my God. She's just like him!" Cristina chanted.

"I know, right?" Billie laughed vividly.

Later that day, Billie knocked on the Chief's door, which stood askew. She pushed it open and the man who sat on the chair behind the desk smiled politely, looking up from the paperwork in front of him.

"Black, come in," he greeted. "Can I help you?"

"Yes, actually, sir." She nodded her head, walking into the office and shutting the door behind her.

Billie stood in the middle of the room with her hands held together in front of her. Richard leant back on his chair and removed his glasses, looking at her expectantly.