chapter fourteen

˚♡ ⋆。˚

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
much too much.
season two, episode ten.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Alex liked the way Billie touched him.

Not only in a sexual way, which was something he had just recently come to find out that he really liked, but also in a non-sexual way. He absolutely adored the way Billie touched him in a non-sexual way.

Her hands were delicate, like a feather. She could've gripped him hard, she could've tried to hurt him even, and he wouldn't have minded, because it was her the one doing. If she wanted to hurt him, he'd let her.

Billie's touch wasn't like others. It wasn't like the touch of the nurse in floor three that he'd screwed a couple times before. It wasn't like the touch of that young girl he'd slept with during med school, or that nurse he'd lost his virginity to when he was just fifteen. It wasn't anything like any other touch he'd ever felt. It was different, somehow.

He didn't understand it at first, of course he didn't. After the so many people he'd touched, and after the so many people that had touched him, finding comfort in physical contact was weird for Alex. He was just so used to it, it was such a big part of her life, so he didn't understand why it had suddenly become something so precious, so needed. When he met Billie, the first time Billie touched him, he thought to himself that he never wanted her to stop. If it had been up to him, she wouldn't have had.

So when Billie showed up on his door that night, Alex kissed her like it was the last thing he'd ever do. Like he needed it.

He kissed her like he'd never kissed someone before, and he didn't stop until they were together in his bed. And he found that he quite liked her in his bed.

There they were the following morning, naked, tangled together under the covers.

Alex liked the way Billie touched him as, curled up and laying on top of his chest, she used her nimble fingers to trace lazy patterns gracefully over his skin. He felt it everywhere.

He breathed in her scent; it was something like cherry. He didn't know if it was her hair or just the natural scent of her skin, which glimmered under the dim light of the lamp with the after-sex glow, but regardless of where it came from, he loved it, and he loved that it was now permanently embedded on his sheets.

"Tell me something about you," she said suddenly.

Alex chuckled. "What about me?"

"I don't know, something," Billie insisted, keeping her fingers over his naked chest and repeating the same lazy, meaningless patterns over and over again. "Like... what's your favorite color?"

"Blue. But not light blue; navy blue. Yours?"

"Maybe black. Or white," she replied. He laughed again.

"Little contradictory, don't you think?"

They laughed together for a second before Billie continued asking the makeshift questions, fingers on his stomach never stopping their waltz.

"Preferred specialty?"

"Cardio," Alex said. "You?"

"Neuro."

The man looked her up and down from his stance on the bed, tracing his eyes down her naked body under the bedding and then looking back at her face. "You look like Neuro to me."

"I do?"

"Yeah." He laughed.

Billie smiled. "Left or right-handed?"