chapter fifty one

˚♡ ⋆。˚

CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE
losing my mind.
season four, episode fifteen.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

After having spent half an hour shuffling around the hospital in the search for her interns (all of who, apparently, seemed to have vanished off the face of the earth, because she hadn't seen them in a day or two now and the last thing she recalled telling them was to go home and get some rest, but she doubted they'd still be sleeping. Where the hell were her interns?), Billie finally broke into an on-call room. It was dark at first, but when she sighted the five figures all curled up on different beds, some sharing one, she let out a grunt and placed her hands on her hips, punching the light on. Immediately, the interns groaned awake.

"I have been looking for you everywhere. Get up!" she yelled out frustratedly.

Jay lay on the bottom bed of a bunk bed alongside Robbie, backs to one another, although the sight still made Billie cheer internally. On the top bed above them was John, fast-asleep with his head on the pillow and one of his arms hanging off from the edge. Adrian was slowly waking up from his lay on the bunk bed opposite to them, and by his side, sitting on the floor with her legs spread out in front of her and her back against the wall, as well as some unfinished charts on her lap, was Cassie.

"Get up, get up! I don't have all day!" Billie claimed, watching as her interns groaned, but slowly shifted awake. They all looked like crap. "How long have you been asleep for?"

"An hour? Maybe two." Adrian yawned, jumping to his feet in order to attend to his resident.

Jay, who was already standing and now tied her hair up into a ponytail, checked her watch. "More like thirteen."

"Crap," Robbie muttered under her breath.

"God, that's awful." Billie scrunched up her nose.

"Pretty rebirthing, actually." Adrian adjusted his scrubs in a rush.

"Alright. You all feel good?" Billie looked at her four interns- wait, no, something was wrong.

She frowned and looked around the room only to find John still asleep on the top bed. Her expression immediately fell and she snatched a paper from Cassie's hand, heading to the bunk bed. With the paper rolled up in her hand, she smacked John on the head, causing him to jolt awake.

"Huh?" he groaned out.

"I said-" Billie placed the end of the rolled-up paper against her mouth in order for it to serve as a megaphone, then yelled into his ear. "GET THE HELL UP, NOW!"

"Why were we woken up, again?" John said, still not fully on his wake, as Billie trolled around the hallways, followed by her interns.

"I'll let you figure that one out yourself. I'm almost sure you have the capacity," the resident deadpanned.

Jay snorted and nudged John. "She called you mentally challenged."

"Shut up." The mentioned rolled his eyes.

"I think he's pretty capable," Cassie retorted. "When he's not thinking with his penis."

At the comment, Adrian, Jay and Robbie laughed, leaving John to dwell on his own annoyance. Billie held back her own laugh as well, but soon stopped and turned towards her interns, causing them all to nearly crash into each other due to the sudden change of pace.

"Walter Tapley is here," she stated with utter calmness. Some of the interns' jaws dropped.

"Walter Tapley is here?" Jay, who would always be the most passionate about her work (in a very Cristina-like fashion), gawked.