chapter two

˚♡ ⋆。˚

CHAPTER TWO
the first cut is the deepest.
season one, episode two.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

ROOMMATES WANTED

Billie read the paper Meredith had hung on the bulletin board of the locker room that morning about three times. There was a list of implications and must-nots beneath those two simple words that she scanned over quickly before considering the proposal. She made a list of all of the reasons why she should move in with Meredith and another list of the reasons why she shouldn't and wrote them down (Billie was a visual learner, she had to evaluate the situation visually). This were her lists:

WHY I SHOULD MOVE IN WITH MEREDITH
I know her
She's clean and fun to be around
Likes to read (probably has books around)

Dusty old flat I own might crumble down tomorrow
Mer and I could grow closer

WHY I SHOULDN'T MOVE IN WITH MEREDITH
I know her
We could grow apart or get into a fight
We spend hundred-hour shifts together
idrk

In the end, the reasons why she shouldn't ended up being far weaker than the reasons why she should, so she gave one last once-over to the announcement on the bulletin board and attempted at turning away. However, before she could, she felt a presence behind her that quite startled her, as it was followed by a familiar cologne.

"Who's asking for roommates?" Alex's voice resounded against her ear.

Billie felt his chest pressing against her back, his figure towering over her from behind. A twist settled in her stomach, so she cleared her throat and leaned forward, just a bit, enough to break all sorts of contact. Despite the fact that she felt weirdly attracted to him (probably some pheromone shit or something), she really did not like that guy.

"Meredith," Billie answered wryly, without any attempt at conversing with Alex.

He let out a grumble that caught Billie's attention.

"Don't sound so disappointed, whatever she has to offer is probably ten times better than what you have," she immediately defended.

However, when she turned, she was surprised to find that Alex was, in fact, standing way too close. A few inches' worth of empty space separated their noses from each other, in such way that Billie's nostrils were completely invaded by the wispy smell of his cologne. She shuddered when he looked down at her as smirked.

"When are you going to stop denying this?" he asked suddenly.

"This what?" she creased her eyebrows together, suddenly really unsure of what was going on.

She tried to put some distance between them because she could no longer stand that minty flavor in the air. Alex made her dizzy.

"The chemistry, I know you can feel it," he smirked, completely obliterating any sort of attraction Billie felt seconds earlier. She scoffed.

"You're completely out of your mind. What chemistry? I don't like you," she immediately defended, placing her hand on his chest to push him away. "I feel sexually harassed."

"I'm gonna get you someday," he smiled as he watched Billie walk out of the locker room in quite a hurry. He knew he'd made her nervous.

"Yeah, no, keep dreaming," he flipped him off.