chapter ten

˚♡ ⋆。˚

CHAPTER TEN
make me lose control.
season two, episode three.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

It was (weirdly) a nice day in Seattle. The sky atop shone bright, clear, as opposed to the usual weather. No clouds marred the beaming blue and a soft summery breeze blew the treetops sideways.

Cristina had crashed at Meredith's place last night, and as Izzie and George had been out at the hospital, it had made it easy for them both, plus Billie, to mess around all night. They could have slept in, but Meredith had to ruin the mood by waking them both up at five in the morning to go for a run, without letting them refuse.

So, now, the three friends panted heavily as they jogged.

"You're a stupid evil sadist and I want to kill you," Cristina cursed at Meredith, stopping and propping her hands on her knees.

The two remaining girls stopped as well. As she panted, Billie placed her hands on her hips and did a little 360 turn, trying to recover. Meredith stared at them both with a frown.

"Endorphins are good. Endorphins are mood elevators," Meredith said. "This is supposed to make us feel better."

"Well, I don't feel better." Billie glared up at the blonde, who jogged on her place not to lose her pace. "Do you feel better?"

"Slutty mistress," Cristina said to Meredith, then looked at the brunette. "Unrequited bitch."

Billie and Meredith looked at Cristina. "Pregnant whore."

"Sleeping with our bosses was a great idea." The latter covered her face with her hands.

"Don't count me in," Billie panted out, knowing she hadn't slept with any attending. Well, she hadn't slept with anyone in general.

"You know what's ruined for me?" Meredith said. "Ferryboats. I used to love ferryboats. And Derek's got a thing for ferryboats. Now, every time I see a freaking ferryboat..."

"You know what's ruined for me? Coronary artery bypass grafts," Cristina added, laying down on the grass and urging Billie to do the same. "And aortic aneurysms. God, I used to love aortic aneurysms."

The three girls laid down on the floor and stared up at the clear morning sky.

"I think love is ruined for me, like, in general," Billie thought out loud. "Yeah, that's it. I'm tagging out of romance for the rest of my life."

Cristina and Meredith looked at Billie, who laid in the middle, both of them with weird expressions.

"I thought you wanted kids." The former frowned.

"I can adopt, or get a sperm donor. I hate kids, anyway."

"I think we should all cry together," Meredith suggested, but Billie and Cristina immediately panicked.

"No!"

Billie left the bathroom of the locker room after changing into her scrubs, simply to find the weirdest image she ever thought she'd see: in front of her, apparently, Izzie had brought Alex coffee, and now they both stood very close against a wall, laughing at whatever jokes they were telling each other. Billie frowned in disgust, joined Cristina, Meredith and George, and pretended to gag.

"Ew."

"What is she doing?" Cristina asked.

"She's hanging out with Alex," George drawled out, shocked.