chapter sixteen

˚♡ ⋆。˚

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
it's the end of the world.
season two, episode sixteen.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Billie had a bit of a feeling.

Not just a regular feeling. It was a feeling, but it was a bad feeling. Like something wasn't where it was supposed to be.

Sure, her clothes didn't belong on the floor and the belt hanging from the door knob was obviously not in the right place, but Billie had been tossing and turning all night with an unbearable sensation stuck in the back of her throat, ever since she'd found out Denny hadn't gotten the heart he'd been waiting for. Perhaps it had to do with that.

Or maybe it could've just been the fact that she had forgotten to take her Xanax the day before and she still hadn't taken it today, and anxiety was always one to get the worst out of her, but something told her that if she went to work that day, she might die.

So, she crawled into Meredith's bed.

"Bil?" the blonde asked, seeming as though she hadn't gotten any sleep either.

"I have a feeling," the woman in question excused lazily, placing herself on the right side of the bed with the pillow beneath her cheek.

"Oh," Meredith replied. "You too?"

Billie paused, "Yeah."

"You have to go to work. You're interns, saving lives is not optional for you," Izzie said, standing next to George in Meredith's room as she ate cereal straight from the box.

"Yes, it is. We're staying home."

"Uh..." George muttered, sitting by the end of the bed and looking at both girls in order to try and somewhat help. "Mer, Bil? Maybe there'll be a horrible accident nearby the hospital. Cut a bunch of people open; sternotomies, craniotomies. That'd be fun, right?"

"I don't care about surgeries!" Meredith grabbed the hem of the blanket and pulled it over her and Billie's head, shielding them both from their friends' intrusiveness.

However, it was Cristina the next to arrive, so Meredith pulled herself from under the covers and looked at her person while Billie stayed beneath in order to remain hidden.

"You have a feeling?" Cristina asked.

"Yes."

"Okay, what kind of feeling?"

"Like something's not right," Billie said, voice sounding muffled from under the thick bedding.

"Like I might die," Meredith added.

"Today? Tomorrow? In fifty years? 'Cause we're all gonna die eventually!" Cristina threw her hands in the air. "But now, we're late. Let's go."

Billie pulled herself from under the blanket and looked at her person, deadpan, "Cristina, shut up."

At her words, the woman in question placed her hands on her hips and sighed deeply, walking over to the bed and sitting by them, "Okay, this is me being supportive."

"Oh, really?" Billie scoffed sorely, wanting more than anything to be left alone. Maybe her friends would be the one to kill her in the end.

"Yeah, hey, fine. I'm totally supportive. Go."

Meredith paused for a second, sitting up on her elbow, "Okay. The man I love has a wife, and then he chooses her over me. And that wife takes my dog. Okay, she didn't take the dog, I gave it to her, but I didn't mean to give it to her, I meant to give it to him. But that does not change the fact that she's got my McDreamy, and my McDog. She's got my McLife, and what have I got?"