chapter seventy three

˚♡ ⋆。˚

CHAPTER SEVENTY-THREE
holidaze.
season six, episode ten.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

THANKSGIVING

It was Thanksgiving.

Billie wasn't seeing much of Alex lately. Maybe she was purposefully choosing not to see much of Alex, as she had taken Jackson's advice and was trying to take a step back from his drama, but that didn't mean she wasn't curious to know.

She had no idea whether he'd spoke to Izzie, she had no idea if Izzie was even still in Seattle. She didn't know much of anything, as Meredith and Cristina seemed to have gotten bored of the topic and now gossiped about other things and nobody seemed to be telling her anything—let alone Alex. And Billie sure as hell was not going to ask either. It was complicated.

But... her taking a step back was allowing her more time with Jackson. They had now gone on a few dates, had ended up at one another's place far too many times and now behaved like a couple, even though they still weren't one.

Not that they hadn't talked about it. Jackson had, in fact, asked multiple times about what she wanted and made sure to be very communicative, but Billie had made it clear to him that she needed to sort out a few more things before she was ready to get into a committed relationship.

Billie knew he'd grow impatient. In fact, Jackson was already starting to show signs of restlessness on the matter. But she was putting it off for now.

To start her day, then, Billie was hanging out with Mark as he debrided a burn victim that screamed like a bitch.

"I still don't get it though," he said, concentrated in his job.

Billie sighed, as she'd already explained it to him about a hundred times. "What, Mark? What don't you get?"

"I mean, he's pretty, fucks you right. He even cooks breakfast for you. Why is he not enough?" Mark asked. "You're an idiot."

"I'm not an idiot, it's complicated!"

"It's not complicated, you're just using that as an excuse because you're still hung up on Karev." Mark looked up from her work to look at her.

His words left her speechless, mostly because of the tone he'd used.

"Dr. Sloan?"

Both Mark and Billie turned to the blonde young woman that called the man's name, saved from an awkward conversation.

"Yeah?" he replied.

When he turned to the girl, Billie instantly knew he found her attractive, mostly because his eyes immediately fell to the open collar of her pink blouse revealing a big portion of her boobs.

"Hi. Uhm, so, this is a little weird, but, uhm..." she began with a nervous smile. "My name is Sloane Reilly and, uhm, my mom's Samantha Reilly. And, uhm... pretty sure you're my dad."

Mark and Sloane—as weird as it sounded—were now in the conference room, sitting across the table from each other. Billie was by one of the walls. None of them had said anything yet by the time Callie walked in through the door carrying a DNA test kit.

"Hi. How's it going in here?" she asked.

"Fine."

"Great."