chapter fifty six

˚♡ ⋆。˚

CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX
these ties that bind.
season five, episodes eight
and nine.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Billie knocked on Meredith's door, but used the simple action as a mere warning of her entrance, since she didn't wait for an answer before Cristina and her were breaking into the room. Inside, Meredith and Derek opened their eyes in sync.

"You up?" Billie asked, holding the drink carrier with the three coffees that she had picked up on her way from Ian's place to Meredith's.

"Yes," Meredith said as she sat upright on the bed.

"No," Derek groaned in chorus.

Immediately, Billie and Cristina sprinted towards the bed. The blonde forced her boyfriend to shuffle over in order to leave space for her persons, who promptly jumped under the bedding next to the third part of the trio. Billie gave out one coffee for each.

"The Wicked Witch, is dead," Cristina said eerily as she received her beverage.

"Metaphorically dead, or dead dead?" Meredith frowned.

"Who are we talking about?" Derek asked with his eyes closed, evidently annoyed at the presence of two more people in his bed.

The three girls turned. "Hahn."

"Her name is off the surgical board. Her surgeries have been canceled. We don't know how or why but we do know: Hahn is gone."

"It's too bad, she was really talented," Derek said. Immediately and once again, the three girls turned towards the man, whose eyes suddenly opened. "You're not talking to me."

"Uh-huh." Billie shook her head as she took a gulp from her coffee.

Derek nodded and proceeded to jump off the bed, quite tiredly, before he was out of the room. The three girls took upon the new piece of space left and made themselves comfortable.

"Oh, and check this out," Billie said, taking out her phone from the back pocket of her jeans. "Alex texted me that there was something he wanted to tell me."

"What?" Meredith gasped, peeking over the screen in order to catch sight of the eery (and pretty ambiguous) text. "Why?"

"I don't know!"

"I thought you were over him." Cristina frowned over the rim of her coffee cup.

"I was! I am! But that's not the point. Point is-" Billie shook her head. "-what does it mean?"

"Means he has something he wants to tell you." The former shrugged.

"You don't think he's gonna confess your love for you, don't you?" The blonde smiled excitedly.

"Oh, no, we're over that. I just-"

Suddenly, however, their conversation was interrupted by the sound of rushed stomps up the stairs, which soon concluded in Meredith's room. The door opened violently to give sight to a perky-looking blonde.

"Death!" she yelled, giving no warning when she jumped into bed and onto Meredith, nearly crashing Billie's leg in the process.

"Die!" Meredith screamed back just as loudly. "Oh, my God, it's been-!"

"Forever!" Die (a pretty crappy nickname, if you asked Billie) laughed into the hug.

"Uh, hey, you're kinda crushing me." Billie pried the perky blonde off of her, but she paid no mind and, instead, kept her eyes on Meredith.