chapter forty three

˚♡ ⋆。˚

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
love / addiction.
season four, episode two.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Billie woke up in Derek's trailer.

No, she wasn't sleeping with him and she certainly wasn't cheating on her best friend, but after the incident happened in the locker room the past week, Billie had been unable to stand being in the same house as Izzie, to which Derek had kindly offered her the bed while he spent a few nights at Meredith's, whom which he now had an agreement to have breakup sex only with no strings attached.

Billie, knowing both of them quite well, knew that that wouldn't work out. As a particularly perceptive person, Billie also knew they were destined to be together.

Anyhow, Derek arrived very early that morning at the trailer to grab some new clothes, just in time to catch Billie stepping out of the shower, to which she agreed to let him drive her to the hospital. Now, they both leant against the wall next to the Chief, who examined the board in heavy scrutiny.

"What do you think of the board?" he asked the resident and the attending.

"Good. It looks good. You did a good job," Derek said tiredly, sipping from his coffee.

"You have good hand, Chief." Billie nodded.

"I didn't do it. I'm delegating. I am being a delegator. I'm doing it all different, making time for my wife."

"Oh, yeah? She talking to you yet?"

"Well, she will when she sees I'm a delegator." Richard shrugged confidently, but then frowned. "I should move that surgery up there."

Billie coughed into her hand discreetly. "Junkie."

He paused, "Yeah, right, right. It's good, it's fine." He put down the marker, starting to walk away. "I'm delegating. Being a delegator!"

The Chief's place in front of Billie and Derek was replaced by Mark, who approached them carrying two carton cups of coffee. He smiled at them and handed one to Billie, who sighed in relief and didn't even say thank you when she chugged down half the contents.

"Woah, slow down over there." He grinned. "Hi."

"Sorry. Hey." Billie blushed as Derek tossed his head back and applied some eye drops in order to rid the tiredness.

Mark looked over his shoulder. "What's wrong with the Chief?"

"He's a junkie." She shrugged.

"Him? Derek's the one who looks all strung out."

"I'm just tired," the man in question reiterated.

"Let me guess. You and Meredith are back together and you've been up all night doing the horizontal salsa." Mark smirked.

"Mambo. Horizontal mambo," Derek corrected. "Meredith and I, we're just friends."

"Sexy friends."

"You're, like, the worst, most juvenile human being I've ever met in my life." He chugged down the remnants of coffee in his cup.

"You know, the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem." Mark smiled.

Billie did jazz hands. "Acceptance. Right now, you're in denial."

"Oh, yeah? How many nurses have you slept with this week? And when was the last time you had a decent night's sleep?" Derek squinted.