chapter forty six

˚♡ ⋆。˚

CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
kung fu fighting.
season four, episode six.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

That morning, Cristina, Meredith and Billie stood in front of the rack full of yellow trauma gowns, fetching one for each and throwing them over their scrubs. However, soon, the former's eyes caught something over her persons' shoulders, so she stopped moving.

"Oh, heads up," Cristina whispered secretively through the corner of her lip, beckoning towards Derek. "Mr. Incredible, twelve o'clock."

The man walked up to the three girls and nodded at Billie with a smile. "Bil." He then grinned at Meredith slyly, walking past her. "Hi."

"Hi." The blonde smiled dopily.

Billie squinted between the two for a second, watching Derek's back as he walked away. "So... you two are back together, or are you pregnant? Sick? Cancer got you?"

"No." Meredith laughed. "No cancer, no sickness, no babies, and no relationship."

"Then what the hell was that about?" Cristina tutted while the three girls began making their way into the ER.

"That was about a date we have later in the on-call room. It's nothing."

Billie snorted prominently. "Sure seem to be losing sleep over a whole lotta nothing."

The three girls with their trauma gowns already knotted over their scrubs walked out into the ambulance station, where Alex already waited eagerly for the incoming traumas. As soon as she saw him, Billie couldn't help but take a step back.

Memories of the conversation she'd overheard the night prior came flooding back. Words she now wished she hadn't heard. Rebecca and Alex were a thing, apparently, so she wasn't getting him back any time soon-not that he wanted to, of course. But it had been nice to know that he was there.

Now, he wasn't. And Billie understood Alex just wasn't patient enough to wait for her.

"Okay, what do we got?" Callie came running out to the ambulance station, snapping Billie out of her reverie.

"Two ambulances, multiple traumas," she informed.

"Any chance you need a resident's help, Dr. Torres?" Alex asked.

"As long as you wanna smash bones. Into dust. While people cry."

Billie glanced over at Callie sympathetically, well-informed on the status quo of her marriage. Her anger still bubbled fresh and raw in her veins, the type to not let her even look in Izzie Stevens' direction without going red in the face, and that wasn't hard to suss out, but as from that day, she had promised herself she wouldn't be having any more anger attacks. She hoped. She really did.

Kind of.

"Sweet. What do you got?" Alex asked, making his way to one of the ambulances. Billie noticed he was sort of ignoring her presence there.

"Chest pain. Tamponade. Ruptured aorta." Cristina prayed under her breath, given that Erica Hahn was in as the new chief of cardio and she had been singling her out from her service.

"More like a clown car," the paramedic hopping out of the vehicle huffed. "Jackie Escott, twenty-five years old. Dislocated shoulder, lac to her thigh. Vital signs are stable." The residents watched confused as two stretchers were rolled out onto the ground, carrying two different girls holding one same, bloody wedding dress. "And Helena Boyd, twenty-six years old, also stable. Obvious nasal fracture, facial lacs and a chunk of missing scalp."