chapter sixty four

˚♡ ⋆。˚

CHAPTER SIXTY-FOUR
what a difference a day makes.
season five, episode twenty-two.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"So," Billie chanted awkwardly, clutching the sheets over her naked chest. "Meredith and Derek are getting married tonight."

"Yeah," Miles said, tapping his fingers anxiously over the bedding.

"Callie and Arizona are in a healthy relationship."

"Yeah."

"And Alex and Izzie are in love."

"Yup."

"Whereas, I'm being ghosted by my ex-boyfriend and you just broke up with your girlfriend," Billie said.

"Yeah." Miles sighed.

She took a second. "Maybe we're the problem."

They shared a look, then shook their heads.

"No, we're not."

The night prior, Billie and Miles had met up at Joe's for some casual drinks. However, in the midst of it, Miles had revealed his relationship with April was no longer ongoing, causing Billie to subsequently reveal she was being ghosted by her ex-boyfriend. Their drunkenness and murky brains had, of course, led them to end up in bed together, but now, in the morning, as the effects of the alcohol wore down, Billie and Miles felt weird.

"My head is killing me." He groaned.

"We gotta go to work," Billie retaliated, stretching out softly beneath the sheets.

However, she was promptly startled when Miles suddenly hooked his hand on the dip of her waist and rolled over, so his body now hovered on top of hers.

"What are you doing?" Billie frowned as he began trailing kisses down her collarbone.

"We can be late to work today," Miles whispered into her skin, traveling lower down her body until he was hidden under the sheets.

"You know, you're gonna have to face April event-" she began, but Miles soon cut her off when he reached the spot between her legs. "Jesus!"

Billie and Cristina currently found themselves sat on the couches of the residents lounge. After having gotten very little sleep (although, for very different reasons), both friends held coffee cups on their hands that kept them awake long enough to get through the day. However, Billie was weirdly content that morning.

(Perhaps it had something to do with the fact that she had gotten laid not once, but twice in a same day, prompting her a good mood to last for at least a few hours).

"Can you believe I'm gonna be the last of us three to get married? It's the second time I gotta kick one of your asses down the aisle," Billie said after a second, fidgeting with the lid of her coffee cup.

"Okay, technically, mine didn't count, 'cause he dumped me right before it happened," Cristina retaliated, sprawled apart on her own couch with her eyes closed in tire and the coffee cup close to her lips.

"Yeah, but I had to give the speech anyway." Billie rolled her eyes.

Just then, Meredith walked into the lounge, causing both Billie and Cristina to immediately jump to their feet.

"Big day!" one said.

"Biggest day of your life!" the other chanted.

Meredith's eyes were wide in horror as she stared down both her persons. "Don't do that. Don't do the peppy maid of honor thing, it's creepy."