chapter twenty six

˚♡ ⋆。˚

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
what i am.
season three, episode four.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Billie arrived at the hospital that morning, ran into the locker room and began changing right away. Unfortunately, to her bad luck, Alex arrived too just as she made it her job to take off her t-shirt, and she hated that she didn't hate the way his eyes lowered down to her naked torso.

"So Izzie left the house this morning. That's a good sign," George said.

"Topic," Billie claimed.

"Sorry," he grimaced, then turned to Meredith, who chugged down a bottle of Pepto Bismol. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just... not feeling like myself," the blonde replied.

"O'Malley seems to have that effect on women. Ask Doctor Torres." Alex smiled innocently, removing his jacket and t-shirt to reveal a black tank top.

Billie bit her lip, closed her eyes and banged her head softly against the door of her locker, knowing today was definitely going to be a very long day if she kept feeling the way she currently was.

Sexual frustration was really one to get the worst out of her.

Normally, it was to be expected that she'd be awfully concentrated on him as he took off his clothes, but that was before they broke up. Now, Billie couldn't stop staring at him, but regardless of how much she tried to convince herself otherwise, it felt wrong. It was wrong.

Especially when Alex's eyes landed on hers and he noticed her staring.

He looked her up and down almost subconsciously as he removed his own tank top, and the tension was almost ridiculous. They both tossed on their scrub tops and looked away, nearly embarrassed.

Fuck it. She was working on herself. She had to. Then, she'd go back to him. But she had to be able to focus, or else it wouldn't work. But why do things look better when you lose them?

George's eyes landed on Alex, recalling his past statement, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Dude, you threw her out on her ass." He laughed about the fact that George had practically forced Callie to move out.

"I did not! Who told you that?"

"Torres." Alex arched an eyebrow. "Oh, don't worry, I get it. She's hot, but she's not for you."

"Why is that?" George slammed his locker shut.

"Because she's hot."

George walked past them and out of the locker room, followed by Meredith, and soon, it was only Alex and Billie. The girl thought that it was even better feeling sad, or even completely numb, than having to withstand this sort of pressure whenever she was around him.

Alex looked away and closed his locker, then proceeded to walk out of the room. As soon as she was alone, Billie breathed out a sigh of relief.

"Yang, you're late!" Alex yelled.

"Hey! I got here before George."

"I'm here, I was here!"

"Nice of you to join us, Yang," Bailey said, deadpan. Alex looked over his shoulder and smirked at Cristina.

"What are you smiling about? Aren't you supposed to be in the Gynie brigade?" she mocked.