chapter forty

˚♡ ⋆。˚

CHAPTER FORTY
testing 1-2-3.
season three, episodes twenty-four.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Finally, the day of the intern exams came.

Billie knew she was going to kill it, she knew for a fact she was going to pass, but the only reason why she was so sure of it was because she'd always freak out prior to her exams. She'd spend two hours minimum studying every night for every test until the answers were engraved in her brain, and because of it, she'd never gotten any less than a hundred percent score in all of her exams.

It was impressive, truly, but all of the weeks prior to the test, she'd have such a bad time that it was difficult for her to stay focused on anything else. Sleeping wasn't even in the picture anymore. She had been so concentrated, studying non-stop for the past two weeks, that she was exhausted, not to mention all of the drama she was currently and reluctantly enduring.

Alex, Mark, Ian, George-those were four names that circled her brain 24/7, causing her to be more stressed than usual due to the fact that she couldn't focus on her studies solely, like she intended. And it wasn't like her to be paying more attention to boys and long-lost brothers rather than to her studies, but something was different this time.

"How do you treat pancreatic divisum?" Billie read from her card as she sat cross-legged on the counter of Meredith's kitchen. "Blondie, you go."

"Ugh, Billie. If you're not gonna let us sleep, you at least have to let me put coffee in my cup," Izzie complained.

"Okay, so go. No one's stopping you." Cristina, who sat next to Billie, shrugged.

"I'm too tired to go." The blonde put her cup back down on the table.

"Pancreatic divisum." Billie flicked the card in the air.

"Dorsal duct sphincterotomy," Alex replied, sitting by Izzie on the table.

"I wasn't asking you," the brunette said wryly, still holding residual anger towards him because of the scene she had witnessed, even if he was oblivious to it. "But correct. You do me now."

"I can't believe O'Malley's missing this. How's he gonna be ready?" Alex asked, taking the flash cards Billie was handing him.

At the mention of her friend, Billie tensed a little when she noticed Izzie letting out a sigh, which only made her wonder if anything else had happened between the two during the time she hadn't spoken to George. She was still pretty much mad.

"Oh, you're kidding, right? We have Callie's cards, but George has-" Cristina frowned.

"George has Callie," Izzie finished off the sentence melancholically.

Billie glared at her. She had considered forgiving the blonde for the incident happened with her uncle more than once, but after George had informed her on their current situation, any chances of it had completely obliterated and she had gone back to hating Izzie's guts, although, too, oblivious to her.

Alex dismissed Izzie's comment. "What is the most frequent cause of diarrhea in hospitalized patients?"

"Is she coming to this bachelorette thing tonight?" the blonde asked.

"Rotavirus. And yes," Cristina replied, but then shook her head. "No, no, no, salmonella."

"Diarrhea in hospitalized patients," Alex repeated just as Meredith walked into the kitchen, wearing an all-black outfit for Susan Grey's funeral.