chapter six

˚♡ ⋆。˚

CHAPTER SIX
save me.
season one, episode eight.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Good morning!" Derek exclaimed with a big smile once he walked into the kitchen that morning.

George, Izzie and Billie all turned around with frowns. The first two were on sat around the kitchen aisle, trying the cupcakes the blonde had been obsessively baking for the past hours. She had started baking last night and hadn't stopped since; it was her mother's birthday and, in her honor, she had decided to bake the cupcakes she used to do all the time, but was struggling to find the missing ingredient, so now every available surface of the kitchen was covered in chocolate-cupcake-filled plates. Apparently, Izzie wasn't going to stop until she achieved the perfect recipe, but she refused to call her mom and it was starting to get annoying.

Billie, on her hand, was on the table, having gotten barely little sleep, therefore, holding a cup of coffee as her savior. However, Derek's arrival surely woke her up.

"Why is McDreamy in our kitchen?" she asked, watching him intently.

"You'd know if you'd been here last night," Izzie replied accusingly, rereading the ingredients for the cupcakes from a piece of paper.

"I had surgery!" Billie excused.

"Hey, you guys want cupcakes?" George asked Meredith and Derek. "Izzie made them."

The two kindly rejected the offer and soon, Derek was opening cupboards in order to get himself some breakfast. Billie was still side-eyeing him with a frown, slightly uncomfortable.

"You know, I like it here," Derek told Meredith with a smile, getting himself a bowl, milk and the box of muesli.

"Please don't like it here," Billie replied horrified, although more to herself. "There's too much perfect shiny hair."

"Hey, Mer, you said so yourself: you liked having your things around, sleeping in your own bed..." Derek numbered, completely ignoring Billie's statement.

"You're like a health nut, aren't you?" George asked suddenly, earning a confused look from the attending. "You eat muesli every morning."

"No, I don't," Derek's voice went a couple pitches higher.

"You have, for the past seven days," Izzie pointed out.

"You literally have a box of muesli in your hand," Billie accused.

"Oh, c'mon!" he frowned. "I haven't been here for a whole week-" He looked around in a panic. "-have I?"

"See?" Meredith pointed out. "Even they think it's weird?"

"This guy belongs in Psych, what are you doing turfing him here?" Cristina asked, analyzing the chart given to her by the doctor on call in Psych.

She, Billie and the Psych doctor were in the hallway, close to the room of a patient who claimed to be a psychic. Billie had been assigned to Dr. Burke's service, but knowing Alex was there too, in an attempt to avoid him, he had convinced the attending to switch her back to Neuro, and luckily, she'd been able to convince him.

There was no particular reason for why she wanted to avoid Alex - except, perhaps, the fact he had kissed her two days back.

"He's my gift to you," the Psych doctor responded. "Had a seizure two days ago and another one this morning."