chapter seventy two

˚♡ ⋆。˚

CHAPTER SEVENTY-TWO
new history
season six, episode nine.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Billie was alone in the tunnels, pacing from side to side, ripping off pieces of dead skin from her lips with her teeth. She was unable to satiate her growing anxiety, which had stemmed from a message she'd received early that morning from none other than Izzie Stevens.

She'd forgotten she'd ever even given her number to Izzie and after everything that had been happening—ahem, Izzie leaving—Billie did not know how to feel or even what to expect. After missing out on all her IL-2 treatments, some part inside her had been sure for a long time that Izzie was dead.

But now, she was coming into the tunnels through the back door... carrying a man on a wheeling chair.

"Billie! Hey, thanks for meeting me here," the blonde said.

Billie immediately stopped and turned to her, her mouth wide open in shock. Izzie was exactly the same as she was when she left, except her hair was slightly longer over her shoulders. The brunette didn't know what to say.

"Izzie, what the hell," was all that came out of her mouth. "Where the hell have you been? You know how worried Alex has been? You know how worried everyone has been?"

Izzie stopped the wheeling chair in front of her.

"I'm fine. I've been in Chehalis with my mom," she explained.

"This is not Chehalis. Where the hell are we?" the man on the wheeling chair asked absentmindedly.

"We're in Seattle, Dr. Singer. This is Dr. Black," Izzie explained, but Billie was still in shock. "This is Dr. Singer. He was my high school science teacher. A brilliant man. He really fought for me. He's the reason I became a surgeon."

"I appreciate your taking the time to see us, Dr. Black," Dr. Singer said calmly. "But I promised Isobel's Algebra II teacher that I'd have her back in time for her fifth period."

Billie shook her head. "I'm confused."

"So is he," Izzie said. "The nursing home diagnosed him with Alzheimer's, but he's been falling a lot lately, right? He could have a bleed."

"He's wearing pajamas and an overcoat! What did you do? Sneak him out in the middle of the night?"

"No!"

"Early this morning," the man said.

"You kidnapped him?"

"Can you please just... can you sneak him in to see Derek? Put him on the schedule, please?"

"Nope. You're not my mess." Billie raised her hands by her sides, ridding herself of the problem.

However, Izzie yelled after her when she attempted at walking away. "Billie! Please."

"No. Izzie?" Billie cut her off and shook her head, turning back towards her. "I don't care. I don't owe you any favors. The fact that I'm here or that you came back after months doesn't just erase everything that happened between us. Plus, you have no idea what you've made Alex go through. Have you talked to him yet? You haven't, have you? 'Cause you're still the same selfish bitch you were months ago. People like you don't change and you're arrogant enough to have the audacity to even think I'm gonna wanna help you. Why did you even call me? You know I don't like you."

"Okay, I know, okay? I haven't talked to Alex and I know you don't like me, but you're..." Izzie sighed. "You don't like me, so you won't be excited to see me, so you won't be asking me to stay."