chapter fifty four

˚♡ ⋆。˚

CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR
here comes the flood.
season five, episodes three and four.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

With a towel wrapped messily around her chest and another twirled along her hair, Billie left the foggy bathroom and headed towards her room, droplets of water from the recent shower still littering her body. As she made her way through the door and was about to strip the towels in order to get dressed, she was startled by the sight of Derek measuring her bedside table.

"Jesus!" Billie jolted in shock, placing her hand on the hem of the shower she used as covering in order to make sure it was secure. "Derek, why on Earth are you measuring my nightstand?"

"Hey, Bils," he replied simply. "Not your nightstand-the wall. I'm thinking of turning this room into my office after you've moved out. It's got good lighting, plus, it's the biggest one in the house."

"Wait, I'm moving out? When am I moving out?" Billie asked in utter confusion.

"Uh," Derek looked up at her, "soon?"

"Why did I not know I was moving out?"

He frowned- "Meredith didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what? Why? Is she kicking me out?" She became alarmed. "If it's because of the panties that are hanging from the shower faucet, then tell her it wasn't me. Alex has slept with, like, thirty chicks in there in the past two weeks."

"No, it's-" Derek shook his head, getting her to stop talking, but noticing she still looked pretty confused. "I'll just talk to her."

Billie watched as he walked past her and left the room, to which she peeked through the door. "Tell her though!"

As Meredith walked down the hallway in order to get to the elevator, she found herself swarmed and surrounded by a crowd of people; Izzie, Billie, Alex and Derek all blocked her way, all with the same question.

"When were you planning on telling us we had to move out?" Alex asked angrily.

"When were you planning on telling them they had to move out?" Derek chorused.

"What? Why do they have to move out?" Meredith shook her head, baffled by the crowd that now pestered her from all over.

"Yeah, why do we have to move out?" Billie turned to Derek with her arms crossed over her chest, but before he could defend himself, Izzie was pushing her way through them, handing Meredith a plastic bag with a muffin inside.

"Meredith? Hey, look, I made this, especially for you," she said.

"It's a zoo, a frat house. Alex and his parade of women-" Derek leant into Meredith.

"-his parade of skanks," Izzie corrected.

"Shut up. Those chicks are stacked, they're nice to look at." Billie nudged her on the ribs, surprised at how much she was starting to sound like Alex.

"Whatever. Am I apartment-hunting or what?" The man in question gestured widely.

"I don't know, I have to think about it," Meredith said, turning to Derek with a little anger since she was definitely not expecting to get attacked so early in the morning.

"It's just- you know, eat the muffin, Mer. Taste the muffin. Remember the muffin," Izzie said eerily.