chapter fifty two

˚♡ ⋆。˚

CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO
freedom.
season four, episodes sixteen
and seventeen.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Billie, Meredith and Cristina were on the latter's bed, each laying on a different position. Meredith was on her back, staring at the ceiling and rummaging her brain in the search for a solution. Cristina was on her side, wrapped inside a blanket like a burrito. Finally, Billie lay on her back with her legs against the wall, running her eyes along the makeshift patterns in the ceiling.

"Do you wanna dance it out?" she asked.

"No," Cristina answered, voice muffled due to her face against the pillow.

"Do you wanna drink tequila?" Meredith suggested.

"No," she said, again.

"Do you wanna call us names and mock us endlessly?" Billie proposed, starting to freak out at the fact that Cristina was so welled up in her own depression that none of the suggestions seemed attractive to her.

Notwithstanding, at the words, she emerged from under the blanket as if the words had called her attention. She kept the stance for a second, but in the end, she simply let out a prolonged huff and hid back under the sheet.

"No."

"We're trying to cheer you up," Meredith informed.

"Yeah? Well, stop it. It's annoying. And it's not working. I'm deep in the wilderness here," Cristina said.

Billie slowly opened her eyes, retrieved her sparkle pager from the bedside table, sat up on her elbow and looked at Cristina. "Do you want the sparkle pager?"

Cristina rose once more from under the bed and looked at Billie. "That's not funny."

"You're sad. Actually sad. Do you know how I know it's the right thing to do to give you the sparkle pager? Cause you're so sad, you're not even asking me for it. So I'm giving it to you. Plus, I don't even want it. I don't need a pager to get surgeries, I can bribe them out of anyone without it. And I'm only gonna offer once, so if I were you, I'd take me up on it," Billie explained, handing the device to her person. "So here. Shiny, shiny pager with lots of shiny, shiny surgeries."

"If I were the kind of person who kissed people-" Cristina said as she took the pager. "-I would kiss you."

Billie went down to the kitchen that morning in order to make herself some breakfast. True, she wasn't normally the kind to eat anything in the mornings because it would just make her feel nauseous, but she was past being who she was.

Why? Because she was falling back for a man who was unavailable, plus, was her ex, plus, currently kind of hated her.

Speaking of which.

Billie wasn't all that pleased to find Rebecca and Alex in the kitchen that morning. The woman sat on the table wearing some of Billie's clothes, puffy-eyed and still seeming numb. Alex, on the other hand, brought up a plate of breakfast to the table and set it in front of her.

"Morning," Billie said softly, concerned at the sight in front of her.

"Hey," Alex replied, then proceeded to put the fork on Rebecca's hand. He struggled at first due to the unusual limpness to her body, but finally managed himself. He looked up at Billie. "Hey, can you take my cases this morning? Check in on my post-ops?"