chapter five

˚♡ ⋆。˚

CHAPTER FIVE
if tomorrow never comes.
season one, episodes six and seven.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"You're late, too!" Meredith screamed as Billie walked into the locker room, still in her street clothes due to accidentally having slept through her alarm.

"So are you!" she replied, landing her eyes on Cristina, who stood in her underwear as she hurried to put on her scrubs. "And you!"

Billie jumped towards her locker and immediately started changing.

"I know, and I can't afford pissing off Bailey anymore. Do you think she told anyone?" Meredith huffed, directing her question to Cristina.

"About you and McDreamy?"

"Yeah."

"Why? What happened with you and McDreamy?" Billie tossed her scrub top over her bra. "Also, stop calling him that, he's not all that dreamy. He's kind of a pain in the ass, really."

"Bailey caught Derek and I in his car. Having sex. And I was drunk," the blonde explained.

Billie burst out in laughter. "Oh, you're screwed."

"Billie!" Meredith exclaimed at her lack of support, then turned to Cristina. "But do you think she said anything? Maybe the whole hospital knows already."

"Nah, he's her boss too," Cristina unfolded her scrub pants and slipped into them.

"If they find out, what can they- can they kick me out?" the blonde asked.

"No," Cristina responded, but at the sight of Billie's disapproving face, who knew the answer to the question, she immediately added. "Not officially. You'll just get... edged out, blacklisted, banned from his surgeries, passed over for Chief Resident. It'll be humiliating, but you'll live."

"Now, that's a supportive friend," Billie said sarcastically.

"I have to end it. I definitely have to end it," Meredith sighed as she hooked her pager to her pants. "I have to end it, right?"

"Meredith, shut up," Cristina cut her off, walking out of the locker room.

Billie was also ready, so she hurried her way out and down the stairs. Soon, she heard Meredith's frantic steps catching up behind them.

"Did you seriously just told me to shut up?" she asked angrily as the three interns hurried down the stairs, knowing they were already late to rounds.

"Oh, please. You got a hot doctor who makes you open up and say 'ahh'," Cristina mocked, seconded by Billie's brief laugh. "It's the American dream, stop whining about it."

"American dream? More like PornHub role-play video," Billie scoffed.

"No! No good can come from sleeping with your boss-"

"Cristina, Billie, you're late," Bailey cut off the conversation once she spotted the trio.

"So is Meredith!" the two yelled back in unison.

"Mr. Levangie, this is doctor Bailey and her fine staff of surgical interns," Derek introduced the class to the patient as they walked into the room, but his words were followed by an awkward silence where Bailey just glared at him. Billie contained a laugh.

The patient was a visible victim of Parkinson's disease; his body kept spasming and that's why he was being helped by his daughter to get back onto bed. But even laying down, his body was in constant movement.