chapter sixty five

˚♡ ⋆。˚

CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE
here's to future days.
season five, episode twenty-three.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Meredith!" Billie yelled out as she climbed onto her person's bed.

There, Meredith and Derek lay asleep, although the blonde snapped awake as soon as she heard her friend's voice. Derek woke up too, but took a longer time to fully open his eyes. He seemed annoyed at the fact that Billie had broken into their room at five in the morning.

However, despite this, it was not the first time it happened. For the past two years, Billie and Cristina had been bursting into Meredith's house, into her bed, to share their gossip, and more than once, Derek had been the victim of their disturbance too. He really did miss a good night's sleep.

"Seriously?" he grumbled under his breath, not yet used to it.

"Yeah, seriously, dude. Move over." Billie rolled her eyes, forcing Derek to scoot away towards the edge of the bed in order to allow space for her. She immediately crawled by her person's side.

"What is it?" Meredith asked, craning herself against the backrest and looking at her person in concern.

Billie kicked off her shoes and hid beneath the covers. "Remember that guy I told you about?"

"Billie, you talk about a million things a day. I barely even remember what you said yesterday."

"Yeah, no, the guy I met in the psych ward? The one I never talked to again?" Billie looked at her frantically, awaiting an answer.

Meredith took a second, then smiled. "Oh, yeah, I remember... psychopathic creep with a weird attraction to axes and murderous tendencies?

"Yeah, exactly! Remember him?"

"You fell in love with a dude in the psych ward?" Derek frowned, recalling the span of two weeks in which Billie had been admitted into the ward of the hospital due to her uncle's death.

At the sudden comment, the two girls turned to him, having totally forgotten that he was there in the first place. Judging by their looks, the man seemed to immediately understand that he wasn't a part of whatever was going on.

"I wasn't invited to the conversation, was I?"

"Nuh-uh."

"Right. And we're up," Derek grumbled under his breath, promptly leaving the bed despite the fact that his alarm didn't go off until six thirty.

The two girls watched the man stumble out, leave the room, then close the door behind him. Once they were alone, they took upon the new space on the bed and returned to their conversation, which Billie was conspicuously desperate to share.

"Okay, so, psych ward guy. What with him?" Meredith asked, enthralled in Billie's personal gossip.

"So, he texted me this morning. And, dude, I haven't talked to this guy for almost, like, a year now. I- we knew each other for two weeks! I'm not even sure how he even got my number," she blurted out all at once, taking a deep breath of relief once it was out.

"He texted you? What did he say?" Meredith asked, shocked.

"You know, asked me how I've been, it's been so long, blah, blah, blah... and he said he's in Seattle. And that we could meet up if I wanted to. I don't know how he even remembers me, I was such a train wreck by then."

"And what did you say?"

"I said it was a great idea."

"Well, is it?"