chapter seventy four

˚♡ ⋆。˚

CHAPTER SEVENTY-FOUR
i like you so much better when you're naked.
season six, episode twelve.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Billie and Jackson were in an on-call room. The door was locked, seeing as they were kissing passionately against the wall, his hands traveling across the planes of her body, finding her waist, her hips, her ass. She arched towards him, allowing him full access to create a path of kisses down her neck and suck on it vigorously, earning a small whimper in response.

Jackson didn't stop stimulating her neck with his tongue even when her pager went off.

"Wait, wait, wait," she said, taking the pager out of the pocket of her scrub pants.

"What is it?" he grumbled into her skin, famished.

"Wait, what?"

Unwillingly, almost rather harshly, Billie tugged at Jackson's scrub top to get him to stop kissing her. He did so reluctantly with a huff and then frowned at her, wondering who was paging her and for what.

"What?" he asked.

"Izzie's coming back?" Billie shook her head. "That can't be. I have to go."

She immediately slipped away from him and grabbed her lab coat. Jackson looked at her, slightly whiplashed by the sudden change in the atmosphere.

"You're leaving? We have, like, ten free minutes," he grumbled.

"I'm sorry, it's important." She dedicated him an apologetic look, then lent in to peck his lips. "I promise we'll continue later."

And she ran out of the room, leaving an amused Jackson behind.

"What do you mean Izzie's back?" Billie asked Meredith and Cristina as soon as she walked into the conference room.

"Yeah, that too," Cristina said, then looked at her two friends. "Teddy. Turns out she loves Owen and thought she came here to be all, you know, Teddy and Owen, but there's me, and now she's all pained and threatening to leave, and so I told her she could have him."

Billie's eyes widened. "What?"

"Are you crazy?" Meredith whisper-yelled.

"She's an amazing teacher and I'm, you know, I'm happy again! And I'm in the OR and I'm feeling like myself. And, of course, I didn't mean it. I mean, I love Owen. I love him. But that means I don't get to have her, so..." she ranted, "maybe I meant it?"

Meredith breathed in. "Okay, here's the thing. You can't talk like this. It's like, I get you and Billie gets you, but other people don't. So you can't talk like this."

"Yeah, it's crazy. It's like telling someone their baby's ugly. They know it and you know it and everybody knows it but you don't talk about it," Billie added.

"Okay, but you're saying surgery, right?" Cristina said. "Gun to your head, you'd choose surgery over Ian or Derek."

"We're saying... don't talk about this. And don't talk about it to Owen."

There was a moment of silence where Cristina was left pensive.

"Now, any one of you plan on telling me why Izzie's back?" Billie then asked.

"She came home this morning to fix things with Alex," Meredith explained.

"What? No! She can't do that," the brunette argued. "Alex can't forgive her."