Chapter Ninty Three: Fractured Harmony

It was at this charged moment that Qean made a drastic entrance. With a loud, "Wait!" she halted the proceedings, capturing the attention of all present.

Her reluctance and the tumultuous mix of emotions were evident as she confronted the scene before her-a scene that represented everything she had hoped for herself but saw slipping away.

Her interruption, laden with desperation and unresolved feelings, set the stage for an intense confrontation, leaving the community in suspenseful anticipation of what would come next.

The room stage into a stunned silence as Qean's voice echoed through the air. All eyes turned towards her, the tension in the atmosphere.

Her sudden interruption seemed to freeze time itself, suspending the moment in anticipation of her next words.

"I cannot accept this!" Qean exclaimed, her voice cutting through the tension like a knife. We all halted and turned to look at her, my heart racing with a mix of nerves and anxiety.

I wasn't sure how this unexpected interruption would impact our relationship, knowing she harbored feelings for him.

However, I steeled myself for whatever was to come, knowing that my decisions wouldn't ultimately change for her sake, although I truly cherish our bond.

Wilbard paled as if he had seen a ghost, his expression immediately becoming tense. It was a well-known fact among us that in the novel, he had attempted to kill Winston with a poisonous drink and had orchestrated a hunt involving Shugh and other wolves to capture him.

All because Qean had shown interest in Winston and her eyes lingered on him for longer than Wilbard was willing to accept.

However, I also recognized that his stress was not solely due to Qean's interest in Winston, but also because of me and our relationship, as well as how the City viewed me.

It was an almost unshakeable burden that he carried, with me having made six significant impressions.

He was infuriated because of Qean, approaching another male, fueled by his terrible obsession with her. Yet filled with anguish at the prospect of what he would have to give up if he chose to oppose me, whether openly before this crowd or in the shadows where all eyes were on me, Imara from the Human Clan.

The anticipation in the city for the sharing of Camel Hump Valleys prosperity was at its peak, with stories circulating widely about the forthcoming event.

This heightened excitement was due to culminate tonight at the bonfire, thanks to the elevated and enthusiastic efforts of Wilbard. This was the first impression I had on them.

As my family and I bowed before him, expressing gratitude for permitting us to offer such provisions, the crowd understood that these initiatives were attributed to him. Yet, between him and me, the truth was clear.

Secondly, the bonds of friendship opened up greater opportunities for males to find mates and be appreciated for who they truly were.

Thirdly, females now hold me in high regard, and they have enhanced their hygiene, manners, respect, and affection towards their mates. It is widely recognized among all males that these changes have occurred because of my influence.

Fourthly, the implementation of sex education paved the way for greater freedom and exploration for mated males and females, leading to an increase in mating sessions.

Fifthly, less desired males were exemplified through Bailey's choice, demonstrating that treating a female well can lead to acceptance, even for males with fewer stripes, such as John and Steve, who were her mates.