Chapter Seven: Planning Ten Steps Ahead

When I woke up the next day, it had to be early in the morning for I slept early yesterday. I heard some scuffling noises in the main room.

Curious, I walked in and saw several pieces of furniture that I had mentioned to Harvey the other day. He was there, carving a dining chair, but he looked exhausted, both mentally and physically.

"Harvey, what are you doing? Did you stay up all night for this?" I asked, concerned.

"Yes, I did," he admitted, looking weary. "I was restless, and I really wanted you to be comfortable. I still have to finish one more chair, the kitchen counters, and the bedroom furniture."

I appreciated his efforts but didn't want him working so hard. "You should have let me help, and you could have asked other beastmen to assist as well. We can take it one step at a time," I suggested.

But Harvey insisted, saying, "I wanted to do it. Don't worry. Now let me warm up your water, and while you freshen up, I'll cook some food. What do you want?"

I appreciated his dedication, but I wasn't going to let him continue like this. "Are you crazy? You need to rest," I protested, grabbing his hand and leading him to the room.

He tried to argue, but I shook my head firmly with my hand on my hip. "Morph now and go lay down," I commanded. Reluctantly, he shifted into his beast form and lay down. I climbed into bed with him, cradling his head in my lap. I started to gently rub his ears and face while singing a soothing song to help him relax and rest.

I sang softly to Harvey, he looked at me shocked, and said I sounded lovely, and that he's only know mermaids to sing. I smiled softly and continued he gradually drifted off to sleep.

Song

"I had a dream, I got everything I wanted. But when I wake up, I see you with me.

And you say, as long as I'm here, no one can hurt you. Don't wanna lie here, but you can learn to.

If I could change the way that you see yourself.

You wouldn't wonder why you hear, they don't deserve you."

End of Song

After ensuring he was resting peacefully, I got up and heated some water to wash up. I freshened myself up and then put on the cream-colored outfit with slits on the side. The soft fabric felt comfortable against my skin, and I hoped it would lift my spirits a bit despite the turmoil of emotions I was experiencing.

I refused to give up on Harvey, he is mine; instead, I was determined to show my love through my actions. However, in the meantime, I knew I had to start planning. After having a simple breakfast of fruit, I grabbed my notebook and began jotting down my strategies and the key plots of the story I remembered.

Step one: Building up my reputation. To start, I would focus on Camel Hump Valley. I will help Bai Qingqing with food recipes, then I introduce house furniture and items for sale, and promoting hygienic practices and products. I needed to find solutions for hair, teeth, and body oil products to enhance their well-being. These actions would set the foundation for a positive impression.

When I eventually make my way to the City of Beast and encountered tense situations with Wilbert, the Ape King, I wanted to have vouchers for my good deeds. So, I planned to continue implementing the same goals there, further strengthening my positive representation.