Chapter Ninety Five: A Mirror Held Up

Qean's POV

Imara had shifted many of my viewpoints, I must confess. Initially, when I first heard about the existence of a beautiful female in the City, I didn't see the importance of meeting her. After all, no female from the land could rival my own beauty. So, why would I bother to seek her out?

Males didn't have the luxury of choosing based on the looks of females. Their options were llimited, little to none, and they simply had to hope they could secure a mate.

But then curiosity got the best of me when Wilbard mentioned she had gifted us a basket. As I glanced over its contents, I found myself intrigued. I had never encountered such items before.

However, the notion of accepting gifts from a female didn't sit well with me. It felt like an admission of lacking, and I had always prided myself on having everything I needed. So, initially, I wanted to discard it.

What irritated me was how adamant Wilbard was about using the products and praising her actions.

I understand to a degree he needed to focus on the overall well-being of the city, including females. But who was she that she got his attention, and he disregarded my suggestion of getting rid of the care basket?!

What he needs to focus on is continuing to work on taking over this city and getting me my emeralds. I have already given him much time, considering he was just a nothing of a male from the dying Ape clan when I met him.

So I went to see her. The city buzzed about this new female-her beauty, her charm, her inviting demeanor, the color of her skin, her figure, her pleasant scent, her kind treatment of her mates, and how she stirred up deep desire in the males. I had to see for myself.

The last few times I laid eyes on a female, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was a ghastly sight. She couldn't be any different, but perhaps it was her disposition. I knew for a fact it wasn't her looks.

However, when I laid eyes on her, I couldn't help but feel my heart contort. She was completely different from any female I had ever encountered in this city or on my travels.

And it was just as everyone said. Her skin shimmered in the sunlight, her wild curly hair framing her face in a captivating halo. I felt my confidence waver slightly in her presence.

However, as she approached me, she exuded warmth and invitation, her scent enveloping me in its pleasant embrace.

I can still vividly recall her taking my hand, pressing it against her cheek, and saying, "I am very real, warm-blooded, yes?" Her brown eyes held no animosity, only genuine fondness, like Wilbards which left me thoroughly perplexed.

Her warmth and genuine demeanor unsettled me. What could she possibly want, or worse, what was she planning? Determined to unravel her intentions, I decided to stick around, observing her closely to discern any clues that I could exploit to my advantage.

Unexpectedly, I found myself at a crossroads. Instead of uncovering ulterior motives or schemes, I discovered a shift within myself. No longer content to passively await the fulfillment of my desires, I realized the potential to take control of my own destiny.

It was a revelation that opened my eyes to the vast possibilities beyond the confines of the castle walls, prompting me to explore new horizons and embrace the agency I possessed within myself.

Despite my attempts to distance myself, she remained steadfast in her acceptance of me. By being off putting her unwavering support and patience gradually eroded my defenses, leaving me vulnerable to her kindness and generosity.

With each gift, each lesson, she instilled in me a sense of worth and capability that I had never known before. Her encouragement and genuine belief in my potential warmed my heart, dispelling the shadows of doubt and insecurity that had long plagued me.