Chapter Eighteen: Days at The Leopard Tribe Castle II Forming A Bond

Curious about Queen Memi's plans, I posed the question, "What are your plans for the day, Queen Memi?"

Her response was unexpectedly warm, as she encouraged me to address her informally by her name. "Please call me Memi," she invited.

As she shared her intentions, her words conjured an image of her relaxing in a serene corner of the castle, surrounded by her other mates.

"I plan to sit in my favorite area at the back of the Castle, enjoying some fruits my mate got for me," she explained.

The simplicity of her plans and the comfort they conveyed were quite inviting. "You can join me," she offered with a genuine smile.

"Thank you, Memi," I replied with gratitude. "I would love to join you later." However, I felt a need to address our priorities for the day.

"Before that, we need to get in touch with the guys who helped carry Parker here," I mentioned, reminding her of the task at hand.

Memi nodded in understanding and bid her farewell, walking away with her own plans to attend to. As she departed, I considered the blend of friendship, support, and cooperation that was gradually forming within the castle walls.

As Harvey and I walked back to the front of the castle to find the guys, I noticed the curious stares from the leopard guards.

Their awe was understood, but I made a conscious decision not to linger on any one guard for too long. I didn't want to inadvertently convey interest where there was none, knowing that such attention could be misconstrued.

I was aware of the unspoken dynamics at play, particularly the potential for Harvey to face challenges due to his lack of stripes.

It was clear that some of the guards were already formulating plans in their heads, perhaps thinking of ways to test or taunt him. I was determined to ensure that he wouldn't be subjected to any bullying or intimidation.

In order to protect Harvey and make our relationship explicitly clear, I had a plan in mind. Walking alongside him, I planned to show public displays of affection, demonstrating our bond and my unwavering support for him.

By doing so, I aimed to send a message that I wouldn't tolerate any harm coming his way.

My intent IS to make it crystal clear that I wouldn't entertain the idea of a mate who hurted him or didn't treat him with the utmost respect.

Stepping outside, I turned to Harvey, I proposed the idea, my voice carrying a soft plea, "My love, could we sit under that tree by the pond?"

His agreement was immediate, his gentle "yes" accompanied by a warm smile.

With a playfully expectant look, I raised my arms to be lifted in his strong embrace, bridal style. The genuine fondness that filled his eyes as he scooped me up made my heart flutter.

It was an act that never failed to evoke a swoon within me, an affectionate reaction I cherished.

As he held me, his stunning presence so close, I couldn't help but voice my adoration. "

You're so pretty, my love," I murmured, my lips seeking his in a sweet kiss. The sensation of his lips against mine was both tender and thrilling.

His startled response and ensuing blush at our public display of affection was endearing. The gazes of other leopards around us reflected a mixture of envy and curiosity.

As Harvey guided me toward the shade of the tree, I seized the opportunity to engage him in a conversation about Queen Memi's proposal.

With deliberate intention, I voiced my thoughts loud enough for the keen ears of the leopards around us to catch and for those unseen.