Chapter Fifty Six: What a Surprise

Coming over the hill was the Ape King, and let me just say I was shooketh! He was fine as hell, and the book did him no justice at all.

Standing around 6 feet tall, with gray loose wavy hair, a medium build, and though older, it didn't take away from his looks

Standing around 6 feet tall, with gray loose wavy hair, a medium build, and though older, it didn't take away from his looks. He was like aged fine wine and just my type. Wearing an off-white robe and a brown braided scarf down his neck.

The man stole my breath away. As he approached, he exuded confidence, suaveness, fluidity, and an air of intelligence. A man who was in control for a long time, he seemed like someone not to be trifled with, a mastermind of games. His aura radiated stability, wealth, maturity, smoothness, with the ability to calm your nerves, and a hint of dangerous mystery that made you want to know more.

My gaze traveled up and down his frame, and as our eyes met, his seem to shake, I felt a connection, like peering into his soul and maybe I was.

He stared at me and said "Beast God, what a vision of- and then covered his mouth and coughed, as if realizing he spoke aloud and not in his head.

He spoke up, clearing his throat. "I am Wilbard, The Ape King, and you must be Imara." His voice was like silk.

I smiled like a Cheshire Cat as I walked towards him, causing him and the wolves around him to flinch, as if they didn't believe I was real until I moved.

I extended my hand and said, "Imara I am." He looked at me perplexed. I explained softly, "Where I am from, when you meet someone new, you shake hands to introduce yourself." I re-extended my hand.

He apologized, "Ah, sorry, I've never heard of such customs. Sorry for my ignorance. What clan did you say you were from again?"

I smiled and replied, "The human clan. It's on a different land." He looked at Harvey, who nodded towards him, and he took hold of my hand, a little unsure, as it wasn't traditional to touch a female unless she was your mate or you were rescuing her from danger.

I closed my hands around his, and I felt something come over me. Power left out of Wilbard and entered into me. We glowed a deep plum, and for some reason, I knew no one else was aware of this going on except me. Not Harvey, The Ape King, or anyone else around, just me. I had a sense of calm come over me.

I heard an indescribable voice say, "In the shadows, where whispers linger, ferret the enigma of..."

A warm current flowed through me, relieving all the aches in my body. I felt my life extended, all my senses heightened. I could see, hear, and smell better.

My skin seemed to clear up completely. My perception and consciousness felt more tuned.

As I exhaled, dark impurities flowed out and were cleansed in the air. Then, the plum glow and aura that surrounded us left.

In the current time, I shook Wilbard's hand up and down. As our hands separated, I dragged my fingertips across his palm. I said, "To what do I owe the pleasure for you to grace my humble abode?"