Chapter Eight: Mutual Epiphany of Attraction

After spending approximately 2 hours writing in my notebook, I moved on to preparing lunch for an hotpot. I saw a carved out pot I had told Harvey about when we was at the lake the other day and I smile feeling warm inside. I decided to pack the ingredients, to carry down the lake and cook spicy fish hotpot with Bai Qingqing.

After I packed it I noticed some bamboo near the pots of herbs that Harvey had brought in earlier. Inspired, I took out my pocket knife and began crafting bamboo cutlery, while Harvey rested some more using my spoon to sculpt some as well, as we had been using bamboo leaves for eating.

Once I carved some bamboo cups and bowls to perfection it took 2 and a half hours. I put fruit slices and water in the cups. I made them to be like canisters. Placing the bamboo bowls and cups beside the other stuff, I then proceeded to prepare lamb skewers and Harvey's bath water.

He must have been exhausted, as he remained still while I fetched four urns to fill the tub an hour later.

Although his ears were up, showing he was aware of his surroundings, he didn't stir until I gently woke him up, rubbing his ears and head with care and affection.

"Harvey, sweetie, it's time to wake up and eat," I said appreciatively as he exhaled deeply, and I continued to soothe and rub him until he fully registered being awake.

Harvey's Dream

I was dashing through the forest, following Imara's scent, but for some reason, I couldn't find her. I kept calling out to her, but all I heard was silence. Panic gripped my heart as it pounded in my chest. Then, I heard a scream, and my fears were confirmed – Imara was being kidnapped by a feral.

I pushed my body to its limits, my paws digging deep into the soil, propelling me forward as fast as I could to reach her. When I finally reached them, I leaped and aimed for the feral's shoulder, only to realize he morphed. We clashed, but I was losing the fight miserably. Still, I had to try to save Imara. He grabbed my shoulder and flung me against a tree, and I felt my consciousness slipping away. I tried to stay awake, crying as I saw Imara scream while the feral ran off with her.

End of Harvey's Dream

But then, I heard her voice. "Harvey, sweetie wake up. It's time to wake up." I opened my eyes, my heart still racing. Slowly, my surroundings came back into focus. I was lying down, and Imara was there, gently rubbing my head and ears. I couldn't believe it was real. I placed my head in her lap, seeking comfort and reassurance. I looked at her, and my heart ached. I felt utterly useless, unable to protect her, and that meant I couldn't belong to her.

After Harvey fully woke up, he looked at me as if he had just woken up from a strange dream. I asked if he was alright, but he didn't respond immediately.

I said, "Harvey, are you still feeling sleepy? Try to wake up a little; I need you to freshen up and eat." I then pointed to the tub, and to my surprise, he seemed taken aback. "You did that for me? You shouldn't have. I should be taking care of you," he protested.

I hushed him gently, saying, "I wanted to. Come on, let's go." I took his hands and helped him up, leading him towards the tub. I handed him a rag and some soap and explained how to use it, and told him to meet me in the front room when he was done. He looked at me silently, nodding in response.

As I turned away to give him some privacy, I heard him undo his robe. My heart skipped a beat, and I quickly turned back to grab his robe, pretending I wanted to put it with the dirty clothes to clean at the lake. In truth, I couldn't resist stealing a glance at his front side.

His shoulders were surprisingly broad, his abs displayed a soft tone, and his waist boasted a v-cut that accentuated his figure. His tan skin thick and healthy looked incredibly soft to the touch.