Chapter Twenty Seven: Days at The Leopard Tribe Castle XI A Real Life Talk

His question hung in the air, and I took a moment to gather my thoughts. It was a question I hadn't anticipated, yet and yes, I knew Harvey wanted children, and most likely my other mates, however, facing it head-on was different.

In my past life on Earth, I hadn't envisioned having children not that I would be a bad or neglectful mom. I knew that, having children was a tremendous commitment, demanding time, effort, a lot of love, and selflessness. I was more selfish, my independence, and cherished my moments of solitude a lot.

While I adored children and found them to be a true blessing, the idea of being a parent seemed daunting. I liked the notion of doting on kids, but also appreciated being able to give them back to their parents.

Moreover, no man I had encountered had ever stirred in me the desire for children. Not that I was even considering it to be an option in the first place though.

Harvey's smile was bittersweet, his eyes understanding and closing that chapter and tucking it in his heart. "My love...? do you not want them?" he gently asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I stumbled over my words, assuring him, "I... I do." But he could sense my hesitation. He encouraged me to speak my truth. " Tell me the truth, how you really feel."

And I admitted, "I am... I would love to have children with you." I exhaled knowing that sounded superficial.

"It's just that there are a few things we need to discuss. Can we talk about it after we've washed up and gotten out of the tub?"

As we washed up and got out, I could feel the weight of our conversation lingering. After we dried off and got dressed, I asked Harvey to sit down. I could see the unease in his eyes when I chose to sit across from him instead of my usual spot on his lap. It clearly bothered him, and it pained me to see him so troubled. I sighed deeply, I was really messing this up.

I got back up immediately, to sit on his lap, feeling his arms wrap around me in a tight embrace inhaling my scent. His embrace was a mixture of comfort and turmoil, a reflection of the emotions swirling inside him.

I pressed a kiss to his forehead, hoping it would bring him some comfort. I started by saying, "Let me start off by saying I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything by sitting across from you, I just wanted to explain."

Harvey nodded and replied, "I know it may be silly, but can please not do that anymore? I prefer for you to sit on my lap and talk."

I smiled and laughed, saying, "I will do whatever you want. I like it too."

His face lit up with a smile, and I could see the happiness in his eyes, as well as the subtle movements of his tail and ears that showed just how much this meant to him.

Harvey listened intently as I shared my experiences growing up in a single-parent household and the challenges and joys it brought.

I exhaled deeply then explained, "I didn't lie when I said I would love to have kids with you. It's just that back home, I had a different view. Single-parent homes are very common, and they come with their own set of difficulties."

In personal reflection, as Harvey took in those words. I thought, I had witnessed a lot of challenges and traumas associated with them. And let's face it, parenting is tough, whether it's one or two parents involved.

"I was raised in a single-parent household by my mom, and I never knew my father. My mom knew him, but he didn't want a child, and she didn't force the issue. That was the end of it"

Harvey looked at me, clearly taken aback. I smiled, not bothered by it. It wasn't something that upset me. I never felt like I was missing out on having a father figure, even though others might.

As I thought to myself, I wonder if I have daddy issues? I didn't do the usual clinging and needing any man or a peice of a man. I am more like I don't need a man for anything. I can do it myself.