Chapter Sixty Nine: Skinned Snake

Trigger Warning ⚠️ : The following section of this story contains descriptions of some character's death which may be distressing for some readers. Reader discretion is advised.

Parker, still visibly amazed by the unfolding battle, turned to me. "How did you plan all of this so quickly?"

"A lady never reveals her secrets," I replied with a mysterious smile.

The fight outside was a spectacle of raw power and strategy. The Leopard King Calum, who hadn't been defeated in 20 years and was notably larger than average males, was matching Curtis blow for blow.

Their strengths seemed evenly matched, and I felt a spark of excitement at seeing someone who could contend with Curtis's wild aggression.

I couldn't help but wonder about the youthful exploits of King Calum, knowing he was over 70 years old.

He fought with a calm, tactical approach, clearly not aiming to kill but to exhaust Curtis, which was exactly what I had planned for. This wasn't just a fight against King Calum; Curtis was up against three other kings and more.

The Ape King's involvement caught me off guard. He stood at a distance, attempting to use vines to restrain Curtis.

Just then, Bai Qingqing came hurtling down the stairs, panic-stricken. "Oh my God, what's happening? Why are they fighting Curtis? I thought it was a dream, all this noise!" She attempted to dash outside.

I caught her by the shoulder, placing a finger to my lips to silence her. "Curtis wanted to fight me for you," I explained.

Her eyes widened in shock. "No, Imara, really? Why?"

"Because I told him the truth — that I'm the headmate responsible for your well-being," I said calmly.

"Headmate?" She echoed, confusion etched on her face.

"Do you disagree?" I asked, implying my role in her life was to care for and protect her.

After a moment of contemplation, she shook her head. "No, but did he really try to hurt you?"

Parker interjected, "Yes, he was about to strike her. I had to jump through the window to shield her."

Bai fell silent, then asked, "Were you both hurt?"

"No," I answered, and Parker also shook his head.

"What are you planning to do?" Bai Qingqing inquired, a hint of worry in her voice.

"Just wait and see," I said with a hint of confidence.

Together, we turned our attention back to the intense battle raging outside. The outcome of this fight would be pivotal, not just for Curtis, but for the intricate web of relationships and power dynamics within our group.

With a well-aimed strike, Harvey managed to get the red clips powder into Curtis's eyes and mouth, causing him visible discomfort. Despite his quick reflexes and remarkable endurance, this seemed to be the turning point.

Harvey shouted, "Have you calmed down now?!"

King Calum had a firm grip on one of Curtis's arms, while Wilbard held the other, with the other two kings restraining his tail.

As Curtis was restrained, the Four Kings exerted their immense beast pressure on him. Their combined strength was a formidable force, ensuring he couldn't move or cause any further harm. The intensity of their hold on him was a clear demonstration of their power and their commitment to maintaining order and safety in this volatile situation.

Curtis, caught in the grip of these powerful leaders, looked slightly defeated yet defiant, a complex mix of emotions playing across his face.

Knowing this was my cue, I paused for a moment, feeling a deep urge to center myself. Bowing my head, I offered a prayer, "Beast God, guide me in this crucial moment for the purpose you have set for me."