62- Hard time pt2

The car came to a stop.

At the most obvious place Zara didn't want to be at.

Her mother's house.

Clearing my throat,  I exited from the car and walked into the yard

My mind was renewed,  but with old memories of the things that occurred. 

From dajuan's arrival to the core memories of her being around me every day after school.

My sister didn't really connected with me anymore,  I guess things change once u have found a new life somewhere.  But I didn't let her nonexistent presence bother me .

However,  the place had really been kept untouched.

Not like nobody even lived here anymore.

I slowly grabs the keys from my purse and open the grill , stepping inside the house.

The warm scent of dust and obviously my mother's plants kept the house atleast a summer feeling.  Without thinking I head straight for her room and open the door with one swift motion of the lock.

Immediately,  I glanced at the machine she once used and tears came to my eyes , literally. 

" weh yah do yah?"

My body stayed still.

Di rass diss??

" mi ask yuh a question.....mi a wait fi yuh ansa mi likkle gyal "

I slowly turned around, cause what's left to live for anymore.  My mother is on her last bed , dajuan doesn't even care about me anymore and I had lost most of my daring " friends" .

" a who you?"

Why yaah ask back e same sum.....

" Dread......A friend of a friend" . He responded coldly.

My arms were now folded , and my eyes analyzed his mode of dressing and the fact there was a gun poking from his pants side but I didn't dare want to bring that up .

Seeing he was here for some business.

" who send yuh uppa mi yaad? " sternly I questioned,  right now this was the moment of truth and for me to get on track with whatever is going on down in Jamaica since I've left.

" Jubba gimmi orders ......but dat ano fi yuh business weh yah do in yaso?"

My heart pounded .

Why would dajuan send people to my mother's house???

Do they even have a spare key ???

is this something so regular that he just walked inside???

" wull on suh who a tek charge now ?"

He scoffs and took a seat on the bed.

" Sin a gi orders , unless yuh wah guh to him or something please to excuse yuh self mek mi deal wid e program " he grumbled and began to search around my mother's stuff .

A wah do dah dutty man yah?

I stopped him and snatched the gun from his waist and pointed it towards him .

" doh hurt yuh self enuh, remember seh yah bring e Don ute " he smirks and began to pull open the drawers searching around and taking out documents.

" yow dawg wah tek suh long"

My eyes Snapped to the front door and pointed the gun at both men .

Wait......

Zion????

" wah gwan boss lady, long time wi nuh see yuh enuh , affi guh mek di boss know seh yuh deh yah" he laughs and lean in for a hug.

I didn't even remember the gun was in my hands, luckily it was now on the floor.

" mi get ee enuh come cut " Dread mumbled passing us.

➪➪𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒔𝒌𝒊𝒑➪➪

We arrived at the yard and pulled into the parking space. The place was heavily surrounded with guards and dogs , as usual my father liked the protection.

Stepping out of the vehicle,  my heart pounded in my chest . My father was just standing there with a blank expression,  he didn't even smile or walk over to give me a hug.

" guh inside....rest a uno gwan watch out " he orders walking behind me.

I entered the house and was amazed with how well things have changed the little time I wasn't present. 

" gwan Inna di office " .

Suh why mi a get dem silent treatment yah???

" a wah di problem? How all of a sudden things a change pon me " I mumbled.

He scoffs .

" how the rass mi fi feel ? Hear seh yuh dead and one bagga fucked up shit affi send man fi guh kill some a Greg man dem and now dem a try retaliate pon wi  ".

I didn't believe it.

Here I was thinking people weren't bothered about me , but yet still they moved heaven and earth just to make sure am okay and in good hands.

How can I be so selfish and ungrateful.

" right now if jubba hear seh yuh deh yaso, him probably jump pon a flight now .....dawg mad the fuck out enuh Zara " zion hissed walking into the room.

I didn't need this pressure on my hands, not right now.

Lando must be looking all over for me ....I must head back immediately before him put out a search party.

" mi live somewhere else , I'll visit ever now and then to see u .....just don't tell dajuan seh mi come please ".

I begged.

Right now all I wanted was to not get Lando and dajuan mouth to even meet regarding to what happened back then.

" alright.....lend me yuh phone " .

I handed it over and he pulled out a brand new iPhone 14 handing it to me with a new chip.

" mi neva know if yah come back , or plan to so mi buy a phone wid a new chip wid mi number and every body else own.....use dat an call wi pon it mek mi use yuh phone fi a while " .

I understand whatever he was trying to say.

Just incase someone was using that phone to track me or anything he would cut all access to get towards this location or anywhere else.

I gave him a big hug and walked out of the room into the hall way.

I place the phone into my purse and immediately rush to the car leading myself back to CLARENDON.

The moment I stepped into the house it was already dark out. Placing my shoes at the door a pair of hands grasp my throat bringing me into the dark hall way.

" weh di fuck yah come from?" A silent whisper towards my ears from the darkness.

" r-road" I laughed a little.

" Suh why di fuck mah call yuh an it a guh to voicemail,  Zara doh play wid me .....matter a fact gwan up up stairs before mi affi slam yuh head Inna di rail" he argued pushing me towards the stairs.

So I followed and made my way up there.

Weh uno think?