54- Rain

The Rain poured heavily on the outside.

Little by little the tapping of the water droplets increased.

Cool breeze came in and the temperature lower than before.

Rain.

Sometimes sweet, but bitter and unexpected.

Most times the Rain was perfect for a nice cozy movie time, under the cool breeze and the warm weather fraction of the house.

Zara was in fact enjoying this time, with her favorite movie and a glass of warm milk definitely put her mind to ease.

BEING alone wasn't a major problem, but missing the comfort of her true love was something bitter and tangy.

Hoping to get even a glimpse of his voice or a picture to last long in the frame.

Her mind was cloudy like the outside, tears brimmed her eyes recalling the events from earlier which drops her in a deep state of depression and loneliness .

" so u aren't hungry ?"

Her head snaps to the kitchen, seeing the little 5'4 lady coming around with a cup filled with tea.

She didn't eat.

Well not since this morning.

There was a sight of stress and frustration in her expression and tone . She didn't eat much and barely moved around , being pregnant this wasn't highly suspected but the diet changes really took the page.

" mhi gud....juss a gwan watch the movie "

She mumbled faintly, as if she was holding back tears with a muffled sound .

The lady hums and walked towards the balcony.

After watching three or more movies, her phone lights up .

Leaning over, she picks it up and saw her father's caller ID.

Huffing, she picks it up and place it towards her ears.

" hello......yuh good ?"

She smiled a little " yeah mi alright man "

" Ja'zara nuh lie enuh.....what's wrong?" He asked hearing the changes in her tone.

" mi alright dad ....just a watch some TV an relax " she sighs.

" oh well mi send some money inna yuh account, guh out an enjoy yuh self be happy " he told her immediately sending the bank information.

" alright thanks " she smiled and hung up.

Getting off the couch, she shuts off the TV and walk upstairs to the bedroom. From there she began to change and send a quick text to the nanny to pick up Jania from school and to keep an eye out while she's out .

Decided on something simple,  she grabs her purse and shuts the door heading out

Decided on something simple, she grabs her purse and shuts the door heading out.

Arriving at the mall wasn't too long , the time was roughly 6:23pm so it wasn't dark that much to her excitement. Having a coat over her shoulders she began to walk along the mall.

Seeing the baby stores touched a nappy feeling, her hands grasp the bump and immediately a smile latches unto her face.

Hearing a little grumble , she hurried to the food court and ordered 2 burgers and a milk shake.

After getting her order, she began to walk away when she collided with another person throwing them to the ground .

" omg am so sorr-"

" my fault wasn't looking " the guy apologies and walked away.

Zara shook her head and began her journey to a little table near by . Sitting down she wasted no time eating and drinking.

This was some good stuff.

Her head snaps to a voice around her and notice the same guy from earlier approaches the table. Searching around her bag , she found the pepper spray and held it down waiting for him to inch closer and try something.

" my bad.....I didn't see u were pregnant " he smiles taking a seat infront of her.

She looked around.

" thanks I guess" .

" let me make it up to u?" He offers.

Then a wah cause dis pon wi

" am married "

" so ? Mi nah look yuh man, u mhi want "

She coughs.

" no sah ....mi alright man " she laughs , deep down filled with disgust.

This man looked about forty or something.

" mi affi get you-"

She grabs her things and-

😚🤙hanger