- a lil sum

Beep beep beep

My eyes fluter open to glance at the machine , showing my heart rate I then take a look at myself as tears filled my eyes.

Bondage all over my body,  and tubes dripping with water lodge into my skin.

Looking around the hospital,  I felt isolated once more. This must be some obeah or something of a sort.

Every time I decide to have a peaceful time and enjoy it especially around my lover things end up horrible.

The doctors haven't checked on me yet , nor have I gotten any calls about my absence and the fact am on the death bed .

" hello Mrs -

" Douglas " I mumbles turning my head to the side,  as my eyes clench with tears.

" well your boyfriend was assigned to this same hospital this morning,  the cops are outside for questioning " she informed.

I rolled my eyes.

This wasn't the time to speak about anything that occurred.  Already I wanted to leave this place and hopefully nothing is wrong with dajuan but a little head trouble.

" let them in" I mumbled resting against the pillow.

She left and immediately they walked into the room and shut the door taking seats around me .

" well hello Mrs Douglas,  we can see u aren't in a good state so tell us a few things and that will be all " an older officer spoke up.

Lawd Jesus gimmi di strength.

" sure " I told them scarastically.

" so your boyfriend had some trouble with the police yesterday,  care to explain that ,"

" no comment. We were both in different situations " I cough.

" what about earlier any signs of wrong doing ?" The officer asked once more.

" so is this because of his race or something, cause clearly am pregnant and in pain and this is what u choose to do "

" he does something illegal around the country,  once we find our evidence your done " .

The officer spoke and leave the room.

I'd rather go to jail than snitch for no price at all but a bullet.

Resting on the pillows,  my attention grasp to the cartoons playing .

My mind runs on my child and I began to panic for the worst. This was the worst time for us to go through child loss worst we are fighting a deep battle already.

" your baby is fine and healthy "

My head snaps to the door  revealing Mr Parker from earlier. 

" oh and how would u know ?" I asked sassy.

" my aunty is your doctor,  she gave me the info the moment I entered with jania " he smiled .

Oh wow.

" well am alright thank the lord, am sure jania shouldn't see her father in that state " I complied about to get up from the bed.

But he quickly rushed to my Aid pushing me to lay back on the bed.

" stay and heal , am sure the doctors are doing the absolute best to heal him" he assured me 

And I smiled.

" okay " I sigh in defeat and lay back down turning my attention back to the TV.

Hours pass and I was now hungry again.  Parker ordered some food and continued to keep my company as well as to watch the cartoons til each one changed and brought a new one.

After the wonderful meal, I took a small nap while Parker watched over me and made sure everything was going well.

I woke up to beads of sweat on my forehead and the room now empty,  so sign of Parker until I checked the floor seeing him laying there with his coat as a bottom sheet.

" hey " I said softly.

His eyes flutter open " hey " he says in a deep raspy voice.

" your ok ?" I asked again in my little soft tone .

He smiled " all good just making sure your safe and comfortable " .

I nodded " thank you" .

He nods back as well.