86- life on the line

" yuh sexy enuh"

" yuh sexy enuh"

I overheard dajaun say right behind me , a little snicker left my lips as i felt his warm hands get a hold of my waist.

" obviously mi always sexy " i said rolling my eyes , it was now his turn to grin as i admire us both in the mirror.

My big diamond ring glistening under the room light . Swear this man really met business about me being only his .

" wi affi guh pon di road , then pick up zai" , he says grabbing the keys off the table waiting for me by the door.

Zai was staying with Ashley so i could enjoy the night with my ғɪᴀɴᴄᴇ. I felt so happy and complete with my bundle of joy , and s husband to add to my list .

" yow mummy", dajaun says walking to the balcony. I had a hard time getting his mother to accept me after hearing the death of jaydian .

" nuh ansa mi suh enuh , nah bring yuh oman mek mi see har " she says sounding nice but bitter to me .

" alright wi ago pick up di baby then come see u " he says then hung up as we shared a glance.

"Babe , just relax she aint that bad plus wi still affi ketch up pon certain things " he says pulling me into his chest .

" alright " I mumbled following him out to the car .

😽🥺😽🫶🏾😽🫶🏾

We parked in the lot of my father's home : shared apartment with Ashley . He wasn't a man that fancy to live expensive, but had greater taste whenever it came to houses or other items.

I took out my phone and began calling to let them know we had arrived, slowly i followed behind dajaun as he leads the way.

Seeing some guards standing at the entrance, things haven't change no matter how much he moved on .

" wahmp mhi dawta" he says pulling me into a hug .

Honestly, this man is more than a father to me cause after everything we got down to he was always there to help me make decisions.

" deh yah weh mi son deh" i said a little eagerly walking pass him into the room, from the next room i could hear his giggles .

" here is the little babyyy" an elderly lady says holding zai in her arms , he looks so relaxed I didn't even feel to take him from
Her .

" sorry, I'm Nadine mr Douglas nanny " she says waving at me , i gsve her a small smile realizing she looked almost close to mommy.

Guess that's why dad got her to take care of zai due to the special bond he had with my mother .

" wah gwan fada fada " dajaun says walking in my father's direction, they both looked at me then to the door meaning he wanted to have a private conversation.

" yuh nuh have a room fi dat?", Ashely asked him , he hissed .

" fawud " .

Dajuan pov.

We walked into the room as he looked around before closing the door shut using a code to automatically lock it .

I took a seat aside from his desk filled with papers meaning he wasn't having a wonderful life more like stressing.

" everything is handle the way it is , there is no need to stress over it" i sighed as he handed me a slot of papers to read from.

Reading thru i made sure my eyes catch every single detail and information incase i had to read over .

" after Greg was killed a few of his ships were burned down and some missing, police had fled out to to search the grounds and found his remains " he says basically clearing half of what the paper had to say.

" so what does that mean? The clean up crew handle everything right? " i asked feeling my palms get sweaty as i nervously began to wonder.

This was why I didn't want zara to handle anything in this situation, the empire was more bigger than what she was offered.

" well some finger prints and evidence were found at the grave site as well as bullet marks and traces of gun powder from the warehouse " he began to say getting neck deep into the establishment.

My palm ran over my face as I retrieved my kerchief wiping over my face placing it on my lap.

" this nah mek no sense , everything was supposed to go according to the plan i told Anna and the rest to follow , there was nothing to go wrong " i said frustratedly getting up from the chair.

" easy " he says resting his hand out .

" things aren't as bad as it seems ,  people will talk and try to inform cause the police will come with cash try nuh fi be foolish and run inna the  trap. " he warned me .

" that's it . Play bowy time done now Suh gather up everyone and have the meeting prepared fi 4-5pm mek sure everybody deh deh" i said getting up waiting for him to open the door.

Dajaun steps out as a small figure landed in his chest , looking down he locked eyes  with the most innocent looking ones .

" weh yah do yaso? Think u were in the living room?" He asked her as theywalked back to the living room.

" uno gone fi a long while, so i came to make sure him nuh kill yuh off " she laughed but dajaun barely grinned.

He had put everything on the line just to protect his family since day one , just for everything to slowly go down .

" come wid mi guh Italy, 4 days " he says catching zara off guard .

" weren't we just in a murder scene two days ago!? Weh can't just run into things " zara says arrogantly .

" tone the fuck down " he says lowly grabbing her close .

Bare in mind they were in the hallway of the house.

" u think being a criminal is lazy work? U brought yourself into this shit and now ago tell me bullshit when mi a try fi mek a way ?" He asked her grabbing both her wrists pulling them to his chest.

Zara could see the hurt in his tone and eyes , this was the first she had seen this type of behavior from him .

" i risk my life to get justice and protect u , suh sorry if mi did a put us both inna shit ole " she hissed turning her back to him.

" zara" he says softly wrapping his arms around her waist leaning on her shoulder.

The plsce was quiet until she felt a tear drop on her shoulder, high  alert she turned around seeing he had tears streaming down his face.

" please ... mek mi do diss fi the family " he says as she hugged him into her chest .

" fine" she whispered.

To be continued